John

Default Coving unstuck

One piece of coving that I put up a couple of months ago has become unstuck
from the wall. It's sticking quite well to the ceiling. The crack is too
small to force adhesive into. Any suggestions as how to restick it? I
thinking about drilling holes down from the loft behind it and then pouring
a watery adhesive mix down!

John

---

Jim Warren

John wrote in message
One piece of coving that I put up a couple of months ago has become

unstuck
from the wall. It's sticking quite well to the ceiling. The crack is too
small to force adhesive into. Any suggestions as how to restick it? I
thinking about drilling holes down from the loft behind it and then

pouring
a watery adhesive mix down!

John

If white won't show, you could try thinning some wall tile adhesive/grout
and piping it with a cake decorating syringe. Don't let the wife see you
using it though :-(

Jim

R Taylor

John wrote:
One piece of coving that I put up a couple of months ago has become unstuck
from the wall. It's sticking quite well to the ceiling. The crack is too
small to force adhesive into. Any suggestions as how to restick it? I
thinking about drilling holes down from the loft behind it and then pouring
a watery adhesive mix down!

John

squirt some 'sticks like sh1t' type adhesive up the back of it,

prop it with 2 x 1

wipe off excess

RT

Fixing coving to a house with concrete walls Paper2002AD UK diy 3 November 7th 04 07:01 PM
Reproducing Coving Brett Jackson UK diy 8 July 12th 04 11:58 AM
Coving Derby UK diy 4 January 5th 04 11:18 PM
Large coving mitre box? Philip Kime UK diy 8 November 19th 03 12:26 AM
Removing paint from old plaster coving - how easy is it? Tess UK diy 1 August 1st 03 05:42 PM