Andy Hall

Default How to extend a badly positioned condesing boiler flue?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:05:57 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:53:25 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

That is what they want to focus on, every day trivia.

I don't think that most people would consider that an extra £5k a year
in taxation is everyday trivia.

Compared to the sums the large landowners make and how much taxpayers
subsidies they get, that is chicken feed.

You don't pay tax?

I think it's a great deal, especially since it's wasted.

There's a lot that I can do with £5k...

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Capitol

IMM wrote in message ...

"IMM" wrote in message

Etc
snip garbage.

Best example of ENVY I've seen for a few weeks now!
LOL

Regards
Capitol

IMM

"Capitol" wrote in message

IMM wrote in message ...

"IMM" wrote in message

Etc
snip garbage.

Best example of ENVY I've seen for a few weeks now!

What envy might that be?

IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:05:57 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:53:25 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

That is what they want to focus on, every day trivia.

I don't think that most people would consider that an extra £5k a year
in taxation is everyday trivia.

Compared to the sums the large landowners make and how much taxpayers
subsidies they get, that is chicken feed.

You don't pay tax?

I think it's a great deal, especially since it's wasted.

There's a lot that I can do with £5k...

Still chicken feed. And the landowning scam has been going on the eons, so
the sums involved are enormous.

Andy Hall

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:37:35 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Compared to the sums the large landowners make and how much taxpayers
subsidies they get, that is chicken feed.

You don't pay tax?

I think it's a great deal, especially since it's wasted.

There's a lot that I can do with £5k...

Still chicken feed. And the landowning scam has been going on the eons, so
the sums involved are enormous.

OK. I tell you what. I'll send you my tax bill when it arrives. It
shouldn't be a problem for you pay it......

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:37:35 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Compared to the sums the large landowners make and how much taxpayers
subsidies they get, that is chicken feed.

You don't pay tax?

I think it's a great deal, especially since it's wasted.

There's a lot that I can do with £5k...

Still chicken feed. And the landowning scam
has been going on the eons, so
the sums involved are enormous.

OK. I tell you what. I'll ..

"The self inflicted higher land prices within more advanced countries such
as ours, distort our prices of goods such that in order to remain
competitive we have to either continuously devalue our currency or else
abandon entire industries or all the producers who operate at the margins.
(See article by Dominic O'Connell in The Sunday Times [Sun 19 Jan, 2003].

British car parts suppliers swept away....... loss to foreign car parts
makers estimated to be £2B /year) Treasuries here have always fiddled with
subsidies for a range of industries or worse, protection or import tariffs.
But high land prices act like negative subsidies, like VAT they add
additional cost at every stage of manufacture, transport and selling."

All because of an artificial land shortage in a country with land surplus.
See the real big picture.

Andy Hall

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:59:16 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:37:35 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Compared to the sums the large landowners make and how much taxpayers
subsidies they get, that is chicken feed.

You don't pay tax?

I think it's a great deal, especially since it's wasted.

There's a lot that I can do with £5k...

Still chicken feed. And the landowning scam
has been going on the eons, so
the sums involved are enormous.

like VAT they add
additional cost at every stage of manufacture, transport and selling."

It would appear that the author needs a lesson in accounting.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:59:16 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:37:35 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Compared to the sums the large landowners make and how much

taxpayers
subsidies they get, that is chicken feed.

You don't pay tax?

I think it's a great deal, especially since it's wasted.

There's a lot that I can do with £5k...

Still chicken feed. And the landowning scam
has been going on the eons, so
the sums involved are enormous.

like VAT they add
additional cost at every stage of manufacture, transport and selling."

It would appear that the author needs a lesson in accounting.

No. You just need to learn how to read.

Tony Bryer

In article , Andy Hall
wrote:
True, but whether you like it or not, they are the body designated
by the HSE, who in turn are designated by law to which professional
fitters must belong.

I would remind you that your pugilistic pal wants to extend the
same concept across the entire construction and maintenance
industry.

I've just come back from Melbourne, where not a day passed without a
TV ad from TPTB reminding viewers that it was illegal for any gas or
water installation work to be done other than by a licensed
tradesman. The same is true of electrics though this was not
mentioned on these particular ads.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:49:55 +0100, Tony Bryer
wrote:

In article , Andy Hall
wrote:
True, but whether you like it or not, they are the body designated
by the HSE, who in turn are designated by law to which professional
fitters must belong.

I would remind you that your pugilistic pal wants to extend the
same concept across the entire construction and maintenance
industry.

I've just come back from Melbourne, where not a day passed without a
TV ad from TPTB reminding viewers that it was illegal for any gas or
water installation work to be done other than by a licensed
tradesman. The same is true of electrics though this was not
mentioned on these particular ads.

Water!! ?? Good grief.....

(welcome back :-) )