Graeme

Default B&Q web-site

I'm sure I was on B&Q's site a couple of days ago comparing prices of
various plumbing bits with those on screwfix.com. In particular, a 22mm full
bore lever valve. But now, I can't locate these items on www.diy.com. Should
I bother, are screwfix ones better, can someone point me to the correct
place on B&Q's site?
Thanks.

Lurch

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:19:06 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Graeme"
strung together this:

I'm sure I was on B&Q's site a couple of days ago comparing prices of
various plumbing bits with those on screwfix.com. In particular, a 22mm full
bore lever valve. But now, I can't locate these items on www.diy.com. Should
I bother, are screwfix ones better, can someone point me to the correct
place on B&Q's site?
Thanks.

Look in the IE history.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Graeme

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:19:06 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Graeme"
strung together this:

I'm sure I was on B&Q's site a couple of days ago comparing prices of
various plumbing bits with those on screwfix.com. In particular, a 22mm

full
bore lever valve. But now, I can't locate these items on www.diy.com.

Should
I bother, are screwfix ones better, can someone point me to the correct
place on B&Q's site?
Thanks.

Look in the IE history.

That would be my first thought, but the PC I was browsing on is at my
in-laws house, and I won't be seeing them for a few weeks.

Charles Middleton

"Graeme" wrote in message

snip

That would be my first thought, but the PC I was browsing on is at my
in-laws house, and I won't be seeing them for a few weeks.

You hope!!!!! :-)

Lurch

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:19:06 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Graeme"
strung together this:

I'm sure I was on B&Q's site a couple of days ago comparing prices of
various plumbing bits with those on screwfix.com. In particular, a 22mm full
bore lever valve. But now, I can't locate these items on www.diy.com. Should
I bother, are screwfix ones better, can someone point me to the correct
place on B&Q's site?

Buggered if I can find anything other than plastic stuff on diy.com.
Get one from your local plumbers merchants, PTS do some own brand Boss
ones or get a Comap one.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Richard Sterry

Graeme wrote:
I'm sure I was on B&Q's site a couple of days ago comparing prices of
various plumbing bits with those on screwfix.com. In particular, a 22mm
full bore lever valve. But now, I can't locate these items on
www.diy.com. Should I bother, are screwfix ones better, can someone point
me to the correct place on B&Q's site?
Thanks.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems finding anything on B&Q's
web site? I've often failed to find loads of items that I know darned well
are in the store - I seem to be guided to the same stuff no matter what I'm
looking for! On at least two occasions, I've given it up as a bad job and
just driven to the store and looked on the shelves - successfully I might
add.

Rick

Graeme

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:19:06 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Graeme"
strung together this:

I'm sure I was on B&Q's site a couple of days ago comparing prices of
various plumbing bits with those on screwfix.com. In particular, a 22mm

full
bore lever valve. But now, I can't locate these items on www.diy.com.

Should
I bother, are screwfix ones better, can someone point me to the correct
place on B&Q's site?

Buggered if I can find anything other than plastic stuff on diy.com.
Get one from your local plumbers merchants, PTS do some own brand Boss
ones or get a Comap one.

I found it! plumbingtoilet fittingscistern - where else?! Although B&Q's
quick search couldn't find it.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...RODID=177 005
So, which is best?

Nick Brooks

Richard Sterry wrote:
Graeme wrote:

I'm sure I was on B&Q's site a couple of days ago comparing prices of
various plumbing bits with those on screwfix.com. In particular, a 22mm
full bore lever valve. But now, I can't locate these items on
www.diy.com. Should I bother, are screwfix ones better, can someone point
me to the correct place on B&Q's site?
Thanks.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems finding anything on B&Q's
web site? I've often failed to find loads of items that I know darned well
are in the store - I seem to be guided to the same stuff no matter what I'm
looking for! On at least two occasions, I've given it up as a bad job and
just driven to the store and looked on the shelves - successfully I might
add.

Rick

you can use google to search a particular site if their own search is crap.

Type this into Google:-

site:www.diy.com lever ball valve

will find it (if you include the colon)

Nick Brooks

Lurch

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:31:43 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Graeme"
strung together this:

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:19:06 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Graeme"
strung together this:

I'm sure I was on B&Q's site a couple of days ago comparing prices of
various plumbing bits with those on screwfix.com. In particular, a 22mm

full
bore lever valve. But now, I can't locate these items on www.diy.com.

Should
I bother, are screwfix ones better, can someone point me to the correct
place on B&Q's site?

Buggered if I can find anything other than plastic stuff on diy.com.
Get one from your local plumbers merchants, PTS do some own brand Boss
ones or get a Comap one.

I found it! plumbingtoilet fittingscistern - where else?! Although B&Q's
quick search couldn't find it.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...RODID=177 005
So, which is best?

They're both the same make as far as I can tell, but the one at B&Q is
more expensive, and it's only a 15mm. So, if you're wanting a 22mm,
Screwfix it is.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Web site with electric cable specifications?? Ger UK diy 6 January 6th 04 11:37 PM
Watching this site OldRedNeck UK diy 3 October 21st 03 11:17 AM
How I clean emultion paint rollers - found the web site for a cleaner duncan UK diy 2 July 15th 03 10:09 PM