Nozza

Default Changing a washer....

Hot water tap on bath.

Turn on full, and water dribbles out - takes an age to run.

Thought I'd "chage the washer"

Went to B&Q

Spoke to Norman, the plumbing geezer. Very helpful. He suggested it
wasn't a change of washer, but a change of tap top gland.

He even demonstrated how to remove the top off the tape, remove the
screw, remove the "handle" and then see existing tap top gland.

He told me where to switch off the water etc as well.

Get home. All goes really well. Until I get to the bit where the tap
top gland is exposed.

The little expletive deleted refuses to budge. Absolutely refuses. I
am attempting to remove it, so am turning it anti-clockwise as viewed
from above. I have even tried tightening slightly to see if it the
loosens.

Have squirted WD40 on the thing.

H-E-L-P

What next? I feel so close to actually getting this job completed, and
feel stymied at the last step.

Many thanks

Nozza
--