Malc

Default OT>Rotting Fence

Slightly OT I know but there seems to be a great deal of knowledge here
so...

One of my neighbours has let her fence which forms the northern boundary of
my garden fall in to greater disrepair than when she moved in. One of the
panels is now flapping loose in the wind and although her dog can't quite
get through the gap it is very unsightly. I have pointed out to her that it
needs doing and a) she hasn't done any thing and b) all she was going to do
was to prop it up with a stick. Is there any way of making her fix it
properly?

--
Malc

Don't be humble. You're not that great.

Fray Bentos

"Malc" wrote in message
Slightly OT I know but there seems to be a great deal of knowledge here
so...

One of my neighbours has let her fence which forms the northern boundary

of
my garden fall in to greater disrepair than when she moved in. One of the
panels is now flapping loose in the wind and although her dog can't quite
get through the gap it is very unsightly. I have pointed out to her that

it
needs doing and a) she hasn't done any thing and b) all she was going to

do
was to prop it up with a stick. Is there any way of making her fix it
properly?

--
Malc

Don't be humble. You're not that great.

should you not go halves with her to replace it? I did

Al Reynolds

"Malc" wrote in message
Slightly OT I know but there seems to be a great deal of knowledge here
so...

One of my neighbours has let her fence which forms the northern boundary
of
my garden fall in to greater disrepair than when she moved in. One of the
panels is now flapping loose in the wind and although her dog can't quite
get through the gap it is very unsightly. I have pointed out to her that
it
needs doing and a) she hasn't done any thing and b) all she was going to
do
was to prop it up with a stick. Is there any way of making her fix it
properly?

Get a quote for someone to repair the fence, then take it to her and
say you'll make the arrangements if she pays for half. Then go and
buy the materials and DIY - you'll probably still have some money
left over to cover you for your time.

Al