Richard

Default Granite Tiles Help Needed

Hello all

I'm going to be laying some granite floor tiles in my hallway this
weekend ontop of some old tiles and some concrete and have a few
questions:

1. I have been told I need a wet cutter for granite, can anyone
recommend a decent cheapish one? the tile size is 30.5x30.5.x1cm. I
will be using it more than once as I have a utility room and kitchen
to do also so it'll probably be more cost effective to buy one

2. I plan to lay some self levelling compound ontop of a smallish area
of the floor where it is un-even. How long will I need to wait before
I can tile on top of this, 24hrs?

3. Should I PVA the old tiles/concrete beforehand and leave overnight
and if so how many parts water to PVA should I use?

4. Can anyone recommend a type of adhesive to use for granite or will
any normal tile adhesive do the job?

5. The old tiles are laid directly ontop of the ground, should I put
down a DPC of some kind maybe a paint over the old tiles? I know the
correct way to do this is to remove all the old tiles, lay a DPC and
then concrete/Screed but that would be a hellish job and I have had
just about 1 to many hellish jobs lately

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Richard

timber flooring over tiles? MickMcG UK diy 3 February 9th 04 02:24 PM
Laying floor tiles on old lino/vinyl tiles Steve UK diy 4 September 28th 03 08:41 PM
wall tiles with 4mm depth: Can you get pvc edging that will fit these? William.R.Reisen UK diy 1 September 28th 03 05:38 PM
Tiles Tiles !!! DIY_Novice UK diy 0 September 18th 03 04:02 PM
Granite tiles on countertop ; bullnose alternatives? MAG Home Repair 3 August 6th 03 02:55 PM