Timothy Murphy

Default Secondary glazing kits ?

I have some Polycell secondary glazing in my Victorian house,
which is extremely effective.
Unfortunately Polycell has gone out of this business.
I wonder if anyone can recommend a similar product?

I'm actually looking for a very simple secondary glazing kit
in which a fairly small sheet of glass lifts up to remove it.
I'd like to use this in adn attic with several small windows.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tom

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
I have some Polycell secondary glazing in my Victorian house,
which is extremely effective.
Unfortunately Polycell has gone out of this business.
I wonder if anyone can recommend a similar product?

I'm actually looking for a very simple secondary glazing kit
in which a fairly small sheet of glass lifts up to remove it.
I'd like to use this in adn attic with several small windows.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

There is a firm providing similar kits, -
http://www.protechwindows.com/liftouts.htm
However, I have never used them so cannot make a recommendation.
Surely there are other firms also making or supplying similar. Try Googling
"lift out DIY secondary glazing" or some combination of those words.
Good Luck
Tom

Timothy Murphy

Tom wrote:

I'm actually looking for a very simple secondary glazing kit
in which a fairly small sheet of glass lifts up to remove it.
I'd like to use this in adn attic with several small windows.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

There is a firm providing similar kits, -
http://www.protechwindows.com/liftouts.htm

Thanks for that.
I had actually looked at that URL,
and wasn't sure if they sold kits or whole units (with glass).
But I'll send them email, as they suggest.

However, I have never used them so cannot make a recommendation.
Surely there are other firms also making or supplying similar. Try
Googling "lift out DIY secondary glazing" or some combination of those
words. Good Luck

I did make a fairly extensive search with google,
and didn't come across anything as straightforward
as Polycell kits used to be.
I vaguely recall that when I bought the Polycell units 15-20 years ago,
"Which" had done a survey which gave top marks to Polycell and Sellotape.
But if Sellotape ever did make this product,
I don't see any evidence that they do so any more.