Arthur

Default Toilet outlet angle

I have a toilet that I'll be replacing soon.
The toilet outlet angles downward that is far as I can measure,
about 19/20 degrees from the horizontal.
Have toilets trafitionally been made with a standard range of downward
angles, say for arguments sake,
20 degrees or 40 degrees as well as horizontal?

The new toilet has a horizontal outlet so I'll need to cut the pipe that
emerges through the wall
at the same angle as the old toilet outlet. So I'm hoping I can use a
standard offset fitting
to go on the new toilet, along with a straight adapter to join to the cut
pipe.

the pipe that I have to cut is an old thing with a collar. The collar will
be cut away so I can get the new close coupled affair close to the wall.
What kind of adapter should I be looking for to join
the old pipe to the new pipe?

Thanks.

Arthur

John Rumm

Arthur wrote:

I have a toilet that I'll be replacing soon.
The toilet outlet angles downward that is far as I can measure,
about 19/20 degrees from the horizontal.
Have toilets trafitionally been made with a standard range of downward
angles, say for arguments sake,
20 degrees or 40 degrees as well as horizontal?

Don't know about traditionally, but these days it's hard to find
anything other than horizontal (P trap). The vertical outlet (S trap)
used to be quite common, can't say I have seen many with angled outlets.

The new toilet has a horizontal outlet so I'll need to cut the pipe that
emerges through the wall
at the same angle as the old toilet outlet. So I'm hoping I can use a
standard offset fitting
to go on the new toilet, along with a straight adapter to join to the cut
pipe.

the pipe that I have to cut is an old thing with a collar. The collar will
be cut away so I can get the new close coupled affair close to the wall.
What kind of adapter should I be looking for to join
the old pipe to the new pipe?

Usually the pan connectors have a large finned rubber grommet fitted to
the end of them. This is designed to be stuffed down the end of the soil
pipe. They usually cope with a pipe of 90 - 110mm diameter.

The link for McAlp[ine fittings that someone posted the other day may help:-

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/product_menu.htm

I bought one of their regular 90 degree pan connectors from a local
plumbers merchant and it came with a little booklet covering the range
of other connectors they do - quite impressive it is to!

--
Cheers,

John.

Arthur

[...]