Andrew Barnes

Default Alarm PIR wire colour conventions

I am fitting a new Texecom alarm in my house. The cable I am using is
6 core and has yellow, red, green, blue, black and white strands inside.

Are there any wiring colour conventions for fitting the PIRs, door
sensors, keypad etc?

Thanks

Andrew*
**
*

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andrew Barnes wrote:
I am fitting a new Texecom alarm in my house. The cable I am using is
6 core and has yellow, red, green, blue, black and white strands inside.

Are there any wiring colour conventions for fitting the PIRs, door
sensors, keypad etc?

If you think about it, best not to have any conventions for a burglar
alarm wiring. Even within the same premises. If you dare...;-)

--
*A person who smiles in the face of adversity probably has a scapegoat *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I am fitting a new Texecom alarm in my house. The cable I am using
is
6 core and has yellow, red, green, blue, black and white strands inside.

Are there any wiring colour conventions for fitting the PIRs, door
sensors, keypad etc?

Thanks

Andrew*
**

Not sure it is a good idea to stick to a convention even if there is one -
makes it easier for someone to cut the cables and disarm sensors! I would
just devise my own wiring colour scheme if installing from new, but I did
follow the existing one when altering an our existing installation.

r.p.mcmurphy

"Andrew Barnes" wrote in message
I am fitting a new Texecom alarm in my house. The cable I am using is
6 core and has yellow, red, green, blue, black and white strands inside.

Are there any wiring colour conventions for fitting the PIRs, door
sensors, keypad etc?

Thanks

Andrew*
**
*

texecom have sugested colours but i changed the colours in 4 places... hope
i dont loose the wiring diagram i made!

steve

Andrew Barnes

Good point chaps, i'll stick to my own random convention.

Andrew

Christian McArdle

Good point chaps, i'll stick to my own random convention.

Personally, I wouldn't even have my own convention. Each individual cable
would be connected up randomly, using different colours each time.

Christian.