andrewpreece

"Fred" wrote in message
How do you fit a rainboard to your door (softwood)? Basically I can
see three screws from the inside of the door, or a powerful glue.
Anything else? It is badly needed as the door does not hold off the
rain at all and the water breaks in at the bottom of the door.
Fred

I'm not singing its praises as a fixing method, but three screws from the
outside also works. You need to drill into the rainboard at an angle to
the surface which is a little tricky to start ( use a pilot drill ), then
fill
the holes over with filler when the screws are in. It works, but is visible
if you are using a clear varnish. Remember to seal the join of the rainboard
to the door to stop water sitting in the join ( frame sealant ).
Also remember to treat your softwood with anti-rot before you paint it.

Andy.

DIY Novice

"andrewpreece" wrote in message ...
"Fred" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry to sound stupid but is a rainboard made from wood or metal? I
know it sounds like it should be wood but we have a similar problem
with damp at the bottom of the door and were told to fit a metal
plate.
Where do you buy a rainboard?