Conrad Edwards

(DIY Novice) wrote in message . com...
"andrewpreece" wrote in message ...
"Fred" wrote in message
How do you fit a rainboard to your door (softwood)? Basically I can
see three screws from the inside of the door, or a powerful glue.
Anything else? It is badly needed as the door does not hold off the
rain at all and the water breaks in at the bottom of the door.
Fred

Sorry to sound stupid but is a rainboard made from wood or metal? I
know it sounds like it should be wood but we have a similar problem
with damp at the bottom of the door and were told to fit a metal
plate.
Where do you buy a rainboard?

We bought a metal one from B&Q.
We glued it to the uPVC door rather than screwing, then glued false
screwheads into the pre-drilled holes on it.
Make sure it has some sort of lip/grove on the underside to stop the
water running underneath the board and back onto the door!