Colin Wilson

Default saniflow advice, and handrails...

As above - i`ve read the humour side of the diyfaq :-} (my missus fell
down the stairs last night - we only have a downstairs loo at present)

We share a passageway with the neighbour (we`re in a bought house, she`s
council) in a terraced row - while I wouldn`t expect any particular
problems running a relatively small bore pipe unobtrusively, are there
any specific regs on height ? What`s the recommended drop ?

Would any soil pipe run externally need to be insulated to prevent
freezing ? (the easiest run would be out of an existing cupboard above
the shared passageway, then back through an outside wall to the existing
stack)

What would be the maximum number of 90 degree turns these would work
with ? (not expecting heavy use - for that we`d continue using the real
loo)

Can anyone recommend a handrail supplier ? - we have a 90 degree turn at
the top of the stairs, and I suspect this would be harder to rail
properly compared to straight runs... Probably prefer wood to metallic,
but damn they can look nice :-p

TIA :-}

Colin Wilson

As above - i`ve read the humour side of the diyfaq :-}

Anyone ?

Has anyone tried or fitted a "Sanisplit" (plumbworld sell `em) rather
than a saniflow ? - it sounds like you need to use larger "output"
pipework - could this be plastic, or must it be in copper ? (32mm or 40mm
copper is likely to be expensive i`d guess - and at first glance, I can`t
see a stockist for it)

Saniflow say you shouldn`t use push-fit joints, but i`m not sure if the
sanisplit might be ok with pushfit due to the larger bore (possibly less
pressure involved ?!?)

MikeS

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
As above - i`ve read the humour side of the diyfaq :-}

Anyone ?

Has anyone tried or fitted a "Sanisplit" (plumbworld sell `em) rather
than a saniflow ? - it sounds like you need to use larger "output"
pipework - could this be plastic, or must it be in copper ? (32mm or 40mm
copper is likely to be expensive i`d guess - and at first glance, I can`t
see a stockist for it)

Saniflow say you shouldn`t use push-fit joints, but i`m not sure if the
sanisplit might be ok with pushfit due to the larger bore (possibly less
pressure involved ?!?)

I would not like raw sewerage pump into my house because some twit used push
fit as used on waste piped. This is not the same a push fit for central
heating 22 or 28 mm in this would be OK. If you are using welded type
plastic waste pipe and it is exposed to the elements don't forget to paint
it as sunlight degrades plastic over time pain is cheap to renew. Bear in
mind that if you are pumping this sewerage up from a basement there could be
a lot of back pressure.
MikeS

Mike Clarke

In article , Colin Wilson
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a handrail supplier ? - we have a 90 degree turn
at the top of the stairs, and I suspect this would be harder to rail
properly compared to straight runs... Probably prefer wood to metallic,
but damn they can look nice :-p

Try the sheds. B&Q warehouses (I think) have stuff from Richard Burbige,
and had a free informative small catalogue which includes fairly
comprehensive fitting instructions - not to be confused with the B&Q
"You can do it" leaflets. Wickes have an informative "Good ideas"
leaflet on stairparts.

ISTR the Richard Burbige website www.richardburbidge.co.uk was quite
informative too.

--