Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Colin Wilson

Default saniflow advice, and handrails...

As above - i`ve read the humour side of the diyfaq :-} (my missus fell
down the stairs last night - we only have a downstairs loo at present)

We share a passageway with the neighbour (we`re in a bought house, she`s
council) in a terraced row - while I wouldn`t expect any particular
problems running a relatively small bore pipe unobtrusively, are there
any specific regs on height ? What`s the recommended drop ?

Would any soil pipe run externally need to be insulated to prevent
freezing ? (the easiest run would be out of an existing cupboard above
the shared passageway, then back through an outside wall to the existing
stack)

What would be the maximum number of 90 degree turns these would work
with ? (not expecting heavy use - for that we`d continue using the real
loo)

Can anyone recommend a handrail supplier ? - we have a 90 degree turn at
the top of the stairs, and I suspect this would be harder to rail
properly compared to straight runs... Probably prefer wood to metallic,
but damn they can look nice :-p

TIA :-}