raden

Default For anyone else who objects to diyprojects.info using their posts

Today I received the following communication from The Planet who it
appears host diyprojects.

If anyone else wants to complain, here's the gist of it

"If you submit a DMCA complaint using the format located he

http://www.theplanet.com/legal/

we will investigate immediately.

--
Thanks,

Policy Enforcement
The Planet Internet Services, Inc.
http://www.theplanet.com/aup/"

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by
http://www.diyprojects.info

--
geoff
Andy Hall

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:56:30 GMT, raden wrote:

Today I received the following communication from The Planet who it
appears host diyprojects.

If anyone else wants to complain, here's the gist of it

"If you submit a DMCA complaint using the format located he

http://www.theplanet.com/legal/

we will investigate immediately.

--
Thanks,

Policy Enforcement
The Planet Internet Services, Inc.
http://www.theplanet.com/aup/"

They've pulled the UK.D-I-Y forum from the site......

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Grunff

Huge wrote:

You sure? I couldn't find any of my postings there. (Of course, that could be
'cos I is an iriot.)

I thought I saw some X-No-archive posts there, but I could be wrong - I
wasn't paying a great deal of attention.

--
Grunff
raden

In message , Grunff
writes
Huge wrote:

You sure? I couldn't find any of my postings there. (Of course, that could be
'cos I is an iriot.)

I thought I saw some X-No-archive posts there, but I could be wrong - I
wasn't paying a great deal of attention.

Who cares?

I saw it more of a matter of principle

I don't mind google archives, but I do object to a forum lifting all the
uk-diy postings without consent and treating it as it's own

--
geoff

Al Reynolds

"Huge" wrote:
raden wrote:
Grunff wrote:
Huge wrote:

You sure? I couldn't find any of my postings there. (Of course, that
could be
'cos I is an iriot.)

I thought I saw some X-No-archive posts there, but I could be wrong - I
wasn't paying a great deal of attention.

Who cares?

I saw it more of a matter of principle

I don't mind google archives, but I do object to a forum lifting all the
uk-diy postings without consent and treating it as it's own

[several bits snipped]

So long as the attributions are retained, who cares?

The biggest nuisance was that people would register and
use the forum to post. This would break the text of the
posts they were replying to, including the headers, meaning
that some news servers and definitely google would not
reconstruct the threads properly. Quoting conventions also
went completely out the window.

I don't have a problem with someone (e.g. google) archiving
usenet groups, but I do have a problem with a poorly scripted
site which results in bad newsgroup posts which then disrupt
the original group.

For an example of broken headers in responses, see:
http://tinyurl.com/42qkm
is the broken response to Andy Hall's message in this thread:
http://tinyurl.com/46q8u

And for broken quoting:
http://tinyurl.com/56kgr

So that's why I wasn't happy about diyprojects.info.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
If they
honoured the no archive and other simple bits, I doubt no one would mind.

I'd be delighted if they used your posts. But only yours, of course. That
would teach the scum...

--
*It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
IMM

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
IMM wrote:
If they
honoured the no archive and other simple bits, I doubt no one would

mind.

I'd be delighted if they used your posts. But only yours, of course.

....and we would all be delighted if nioe of your were there...or here...or
anywhere.

raden

In message , Al Reynolds
writes
"Huge" wrote:
raden wrote:
Grunff wrote:
Huge wrote:

You sure? I couldn't find any of my postings there. (Of course, that
could be
'cos I is an iriot.)

I thought I saw some X-No-archive posts there, but I could be wrong - I
wasn't paying a great deal of attention.

Who cares?

I saw it more of a matter of principle

I don't mind google archives, but I do object to a forum lifting all the
uk-diy postings without consent and treating it as it's own

[several bits snipped]

So long as the attributions are retained, who cares?

The biggest nuisance was that people would register and
use the forum to post. This would break the text of the
posts they were replying to, including the headers, meaning
that some news servers and definitely google would not
reconstruct the threads properly. Quoting conventions also
went completely out the window.

It also wouldn't allow me to register.

I tried several times, but the greyed registration code just wouldn't
work.

--
geoff

Mike Tomlinson

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes

I'd be delighted if they used your posts. But only yours, of course. That
would teach the scum...

There is such a thing as "cruel and unusual punishment".

--
Rarely do people communicate; they just take turns talking.
(source unknown)
IMM

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes

I'd be delighted if they used your posts. But only yours, of course. That
would teach the scum...

There is such a thing as "cruel and unusual punishment".

NO. I would just give this one the stocks and the ducking stool.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
NO. I would just give this one the stocks and the ducking stool.

Yup. Those work on the same principle as your magnetic water softener.
So no surprises there.

--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Deck disasater - how to repair concrete posts? Andy Woodworking 10 June 15th 04 12:01 PM
Garden fence posts Mortimer UK diy 8 February 6th 04 11:50 AM
deck posts Pykirk Woodworking 2 October 6th 03 02:32 AM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM