Al Reynolds

"Huge" wrote:
raden wrote:
Grunff wrote:
Huge wrote:

You sure? I couldn't find any of my postings there. (Of course, that
could be
'cos I is an iriot.)

I thought I saw some X-No-archive posts there, but I could be wrong - I
wasn't paying a great deal of attention.

Who cares?

I saw it more of a matter of principle

I don't mind google archives, but I do object to a forum lifting all the
uk-diy postings without consent and treating it as it's own

[several bits snipped]

So long as the attributions are retained, who cares?

The biggest nuisance was that people would register and
use the forum to post. This would break the text of the
posts they were replying to, including the headers, meaning
that some news servers and definitely google would not
reconstruct the threads properly. Quoting conventions also
went completely out the window.

I don't have a problem with someone (e.g. google) archiving
usenet groups, but I do have a problem with a poorly scripted
site which results in bad newsgroup posts which then disrupt
the original group.

For an example of broken headers in responses, see:
http://tinyurl.com/42qkm
is the broken response to Andy Hall's message in this thread:
http://tinyurl.com/46q8u

And for broken quoting:
http://tinyurl.com/56kgr

So that's why I wasn't happy about diyprojects.info.