Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Richard

Default Really Bad Fart Smell In My House!!!

Hi All

Well the subject really says it all, I have a real eggy smell that
wafts through my house every so often and I cannot put it down to
anything (no its not the wife, or the cat) We first thought it started
whenever we flushed the toilet but this is not the case. It appears
also to move around the house, one day it will appear to come from the
front room, then the hall, and other days from the utility room. It's
really weird and is getting worse, smells really strong of
eggs/methane and its getting rather embarassing now. Just as well the
house is still resembling a building site and we dont get many
visitors in. Is this problem more than likely just a soil pipe
blockage somewhere? How should I go about tackling this, i'm thinking
of looking under the manhole cover out the back but not sure if my
stomach is strong enough for that one or not!!!

Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance

Richard

more fun with air conditioning J Jensen Home Ownership 56 September 7th 04 06:20 AM
buying a house with Weyerhaeuser siding v Home Repair 5 March 22nd 04 04:49 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
may have sold our house (St. Joseph played a role) rosie readandpost Home Ownership 5 July 31st 03 07:50 PM