Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jethro

Default 2 CH questions

Hi all

We have currently 8 rooms-size rads (in a bungalow) on our Vaillant Turbomax
combi.
SWMBO would like 2 extra rads ... a little one in the porch, and a little
chromey ladder one in the spare loo.
Am I right in thinking the boiler should be able to power two more rads OK ?
As for fitting :

1) switch off boiler
2) drain CH
3) tap in, and fit plumbing
4) re-fill system. & bleed
5) check for leaks
6) ensure lockshields are tight
7) start up
8) bleed
9) check 2 new rads are getting as hot as the others by judicious opening of
the lockshield.
10) drain a bit
12) add inhibitor

(9) is an idiots understanding of CH balancing.

The system is 2 years old, and had inhibitor

advice gratefully received