Phil Addison

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:46:04 +0000 (UTC), "Jethro"
wrote:

Hi all

We have currently 8 rooms-size rads (in a bungalow) on our Vaillant Turbomax
combi.
SWMBO would like 2 extra rads ... a little one in the porch, and a little
chromey ladder one in the spare loo.
Am I right in thinking the boiler should be able to power two more rads OK ?
As for fitting :

1) switch off boiler
2) drain CH
3) tap in, and fit plumbing
4) re-fill system. & bleed
5) check for leaks
6) ensure lockshields are tight
7) start up
8) bleed
9) check 2 new rads are getting as hot as the others by judicious opening of
the lockshield.
10) drain a bit
12) add inhibitor

(9) is an idiots understanding of CH balancing.

You could try the FAQ, or alternatively read the FAQ, and failing that
there is always the FAQ as a starting point.

By the way, see the FAQ.

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/rad-balance.html

The system is 2 years old, and had inhibitor

advice gratefully received

Err.... the FAQ?

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/