Slugsie

Default Central Heatin timer

My central heating timer has just stopped working, so I'm going to replace
it. It's a very old Randall 30 20 (mechanical type). I've picked up a
Drayton Tempus One, but I can't figure out which wires to connect to which
terminals on the wall plate. Anyone got any clues as to how to wire it up?

Thanks

--
/Slugsie

Slugsie

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
http://www.climate-eu.invensys.com/U...5459402/D35_5%
20Tempus%204%20page%20.pdf

http://tinyurl.com/3ua2l

Thanks, but unfortunately that page comes back as 404 - not found.

--
/Slugsie

Rob Morley

In article , "Slugsie"
says...
"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
http://www.climate-eu.invensys.com/U...5459402/D35_5%
20Tempus%204%20page%20.pdf

http://tinyurl.com/3ua2l

Thanks, but unfortunately that page comes back as 404 - not found.

Session must have expired - here it is (may not be there long):

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/error404/D35_5 Tempus4page.pdf
Rob Morley

In article , "Rob
Morley" says...
In article , "Slugsie"

says...
"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
http://www.climate-eu.invensys.com/U...5459402/D35_5%
20Tempus%204%20page%20.pdf

http://tinyurl.com/3ua2l

Thanks, but unfortunately that page comes back as 404 - not found.

Session must have expired - here it is (may not be there long):

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/error404/D35_5 Tempus4page.pdf

Whoops, there's a space in there - if that doesn't work this should:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/error40...empus4page.pdf

Slugsie

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...

Whoops, there's a space in there - if that doesn't work this should:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/error40...empus4page.pdf

Thanks, got it now.

The problem isn't so much the connections on the new controller, it's
figuring out what the connections on the old controller are so that I know
where to connect them to the new one.

--
/Slugsie

Rob Morley

In article , "Slugsie"
says...

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...

Whoops, there's a space in there - if that doesn't work this should:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/error40...empus4page.pdf

Thanks, got it now.

The problem isn't so much the connections on the new controller, it's
figuring out what the connections on the old controller are so that I know
where to connect them to the new one.

You'll have a live and a neutral feed which should be easy enough to
find - they'll be directly connected to the motor (or find live with a
mains tester and neutral because it's hopefully paired with the live).
Then you'll have a neutral outlet and one or more switched live outlets
- you can probably identify these by holding a mains tester to each wire
in turn and turning the switch to see whether/when it becomes live.
Don't get bitten :-)