Snowman

Default Kitchen wall unit over pipes

I have some pipes running down a wall in the kitchen where I intend to put
up a wall unit. I initially planned to make cut outs in the horizontal
pieces of the unit, hang it on the wall without the bottom piece in place,
push up the back panel, finally putting the bottom piece in place. Then it
occurred to me that another idea might be to put batons on the wall to the
depth of the pipes (1.5 inches) and hang the unit on those. Obviously the
adjacent unit, without any pipes would need the same so that they are level.
The bit below the unit going down to the worktop would be boxed in and tiled
over.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Peter.

Ash

"Snowman" wrote in message
I have some pipes running down a wall in the kitchen where I intend to put
up a wall unit. I initially planned to make cut outs in the horizontal
pieces of the unit, hang it on the wall without the bottom piece in place,
push up the back panel, finally putting the bottom piece in place. Then it
occurred to me that another idea might be to put batons on the wall to the
depth of the pipes (1.5 inches) and hang the unit on those. Obviously the
adjacent unit, without any pipes would need the same so that they are

level.
The bit below the unit going down to the worktop would be boxed in and

tiled
over.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Peter.

Don't most units (wall and base) have provision to hide pipes behind the
back board (i.e. a 50mm or so gap)?

Ash

Snowman

"Ash" wrote in message

Don't most units (wall and base) have provision to hide pipes behind the
back board (i.e. a 50mm or so gap)?

Ash

These only have about 20mm, which is insufficient - they're old ones being
refurbished.