M. Konopka

Default Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E - loud bangs

Hi,
I have a Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E combination boiler installed at the
beginning of 2000.

Around October 2002 it started developing the problem with the diverter
valve mentioned number of times on this group (hot water not working while
heating on). We had the valve replaced but then we started hearing some loud
noises (bangs!!!) coming from the boiler when opening hot water taps. You
could here the bangs all around the house through radiators. We then had the
valve replaced another 2 times by the same company (free of charge) with no
result.

Last week we decided to call in somebody else. The engineer explained that
the valve was blocking itself and that was what was causing the noise. He
said that there was a general problem with the valves for this modeland
therefore replacing it might not solve the problem (he suggested replacing
the whole boiler)

We did have the valve replaced again (£300) and the bangs are still there.
Apparently, Vaillant Technical Support told the guy that they would
reimburse us for that work as there is a general problem with this model. We
will now try and do that.

Questions for you:
* has anybody else seen this problem? has it been resolved? how?
* has anybody tried claiming refunds from Vaillant?
* how to fix this?

Regards,
Marcin Konopka

---------------
Marcin & Monika Konopka

Lee

M. Konopka wrote:

We did have the valve replaced again (£300) and the bangs are still there.

£300 to fit an £85 valve !! No wonder people think CH repair is a rip
off

Lee

Lee

Just a suggestion, but have you tried opening a hot tap with the boiler
switched off, just in case it's an external problem with the DHW plumbing?

Hope you manage to get Vaillant to reimburse you anyway, perhaps if
enough people do this, then Vaillant will be more careful with the next
design...

Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com
Ben Mack

In article , M. Konopka
writes
£279 including 149.99 + VAT for the valve.

The valve is £65 + VAT from Ezypart
http://www.ezypart.co.uk/parts/part_id__164
(see thread 'Vaillant Turbomax - odd behaviour', Lee's posting 4th
March) - I would have a word with whoever charged you 150 quid!

I managed to blag a free one from Vaillant even though the boiler was
outside warranty, because this is a known dodgy valve

However if yours has been replaced already, it is probably one of the
new improved valves (the dodgy ones are labelled A43)

In article , Lee
writes
Hope you manage to get Vaillant to reimburse you anyway, perhaps if
enough people do this, then Vaillant will be more careful with the next
design...

Seconded ;-)
--
Ben Mack
Watchfront Electronics - Bespoke R&D - http://www.watchfront.co.uk/

Marcin Konopka

The next stage of the story:

I sent a complaint letter to Vaillant (as they advised the engineers
to exchange the valve) asking them to refund the costs. No answer to
that as yet.

In the meantime I also called in Vaillant engineer to look at the
problem. It took the guy 5 min. to conclude that the problem is to do
with the electric board "not being synchronised". He replaced the
board and everything is fine now.

On the positive note, when we explained to them that we had just paid
£300 for a valve, Vaillant charged us "only" £95 laboar and gave is
the board free (normally they would charge about £150 + VAT).

Still hope to get some more refund in response to my letter...

I hope this would help someone in similar situation.

Marcin
M. Konopka

Just to clarify... the above message is in relation to the problem below:

From: M. Konopka )
Subject: Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E - loud bangs

View this article only
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y