Bill

In message , Jan Wysocki
writes
Aside from idly wondering what the 45dBA is referenced to, I'd be
pleased if anybody could point me at something that will shift a
cubic metre or more of air per minute without disturbing me. I do
have space for a larger fan.

Would it be possible to fit a ducted version? Where the fan and motor
are away from the vent and ducted with flexible hose? This can then be
fitted to maybe the gable end wall of the house. I have a couple of
these and there is literally just a low level whisper from it.

Similar to:-

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...723&entryFlag=
false&PRODID=177072&paintCatId=
--
Bill
Owain

"Jan Wysocki" wrote
| Hrrrmph. I've just fitted a fan in place of the louvre
| ventilator in my bathroom.
| Good News: Fan works, delayed shutoff timer works.
| Bad news: Goodbye to quiet soaks in the bath!
| This is a Wickes 710551 4inch axial unit rated at 45dBA.
| I'd expected a little whisper, instead it sounds more
| like somebody is running the vacuum cleaner in an
| adjoining room. In fact it's so loud I can just hear
| it over the sound of the radio as I type in an adjacent
| room.
| Aside from idly wondering what the 45dBA is referenced to,

0dB = the threshold of human hearing

| I'd be pleased if anybody could point me at something that
| will shift a cubic metre or more of air per minute without
| disturbing me. I do have space for a larger fan.

Proper fan by Xpelair or Ventaxia; I have a centrifugal because I have a
duct. Expect to spend £40-50 not whatever Wickes charge for a cheapy own
brand.

I have the radio piped into extension speaker in the bathroom (only a 4"
speaker with about half a watt amp) and can listen to the radio comfortably
with the fan running. It's quieter than running the tap to fill the bath,
which drowns the radio (not literally, I have not put the speaker in Zone1).

Owain