David McNeish

Default Bringing dead washer/dryer back to life

I've been trying to fix my Creda washer/dryer (1000 Supaspeed, aka Model
17343E, serial number 93103192 which I think means it's 1993 vintage).
It isn't functioning at all, and the 'power on' neon is dark. I've
tested the socket and fuse in the plug, which are ok, so I presume power
is getting in to the machine. It died during a drying cycle (interrupted
it to put in something else, closed the door, no more signs of life
since then).

From my online research, the next likely culprit seems to be the door
interlock switch, but that seems to be ok (microswitch works fine, and
bypassing the switch doesn't have any effect).

I can't see any internal fuses (don't know if there are any), can't see
any loose connections, and none of the easily-visible components looks
burnt etc. Any ideas for the next course of action?

David
Demon

David McNeish wrote:
I've been trying to fix my Creda washer/dryer (1000 Supaspeed, aka
Model 17343E, serial number 93103192 which I think means it's 1993
vintage). It isn't functioning at all, and the 'power on' neon is
dark. I've tested the socket and fuse in the plug, which are ok, so I
presume power is getting in to the machine. It died during a drying
cycle (interrupted it to put in something else, closed the door, no
more signs of life since then).

From my online research, the next likely culprit seems to be the door
interlock switch, but that seems to be ok (microswitch works fine, and
bypassing the switch doesn't have any effect).

I can't see any internal fuses (don't know if there are any), can't
see any loose connections, and none of the easily-visible components
looks burnt etc. Any ideas for the next course of action?

David

Ask here
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...=viewforum&f=7
...very very helpfull lot.

N. Thornton

David McNeish wrote in message ...
I've been trying to fix my Creda washer/dryer (1000 Supaspeed, aka Model
17343E, serial number 93103192 which I think means it's 1993 vintage).
It isn't functioning at all, and the 'power on' neon is dark. I've
tested the socket and fuse in the plug, which are ok, so I presume power
is getting in to the machine. It died during a drying cycle (interrupted
it to put in something else, closed the door, no more signs of life
since then).

From my online research, the next likely culprit seems to be the door
interlock switch, but that seems to be ok (microswitch works fine, and
bypassing the switch doesn't have any effect).

I can't see any internal fuses (don't know if there are any), can't see
any loose connections, and none of the easily-visible components looks
burnt etc. Any ideas for the next course of action?

David

follow mains voltages to see where it vanishes. Maybe the mains
filter. but dont touch anything unless youre properly skilled, mains
can and does kill.

NT

Gunner: I'm back Gunner Metalworking 388 July 9th 04 12:35 AM
Wood for Childrens Blocks Wyatt Wright Woodworking 15 April 7th 04 05:15 AM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 04:08 AM
Dead Man's Tools Tom Watson Woodworking 35 July 20th 03 03:59 PM