Nodge

Default Tiling Problem

I'm tiling the bathroom and on one wall the tiles only go halfway up. I'm
using that white trim to give a radiused edge to the top row of tiles. The
problem is where I go round the wall into the window. This is an external
corner so the trim needs to be chamfered at 45 degrees. The problem is the
vertical bit of trim which follows round from the window sill. It's a bit
like the corner of a cube where I have three edges coming together. It seems
to me its impossible to cut the trim so that all three bits fit together. I
think maybe all three bits should be cut square and a specially shaped
corner insert put in. I've never seen any inserts like this so I dont know
if they exist.

What is the correct way of finishing this corner?

Nodge

Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:29:03 GMT, Nodge wrote:

What is the correct way of finishing this corner?

Donno about correct but I mitre the top pieces and just butt the
vertical up underneath looks fine. Sand off the point from the mitre
to the same profile as the vertical and the grout fills in any holes.

I put the vertical so that the flange goes behind the tiles on the
reveal not the wall. This means that the most visible edge is a nice
straight line.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Michael Mcneil

"Nodge" wrote in message

I'm
using that white trim to give a radiused edge to the top row of tiles. The
problem is where I go round the wall into the window. This is an external
corner so the trim needs to be chamfered at 45 degrees. The problem is the
vertical bit of trim which follows round from the window sill. It's a bit
like the corner of a cube where I have three edges coming together.

What is the correct way of finishing this corner?

You couldn't do away with one strip by using bull nosed tiles?

chris French

In message lgate.org,
Michael Mcneil writes
"Nodge" wrote in message

I'm
using that white trim to give a radiused edge to the top row of tiles. The
problem is where I go round the wall into the window. This is an external
corner so the trim needs to be chamfered at 45 degrees. The problem is the
vertical bit of trim which follows round from the window sill. It's a bit
like the corner of a cube where I have three edges coming together.

What is the correct way of finishing this corner?

You couldn't do away with one strip by using bull nosed tiles?

don't see that many around, and quite possibly not to match the tiles
anyway.

I use an electric tile cutter, which means you can mitre the edge of the
tiles at the corner, so avoiding the edging trim altogether.
--
Chris French, Leeds
stuart noble

Dave Liquorice wrote in message ...
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:29:03 GMT, Nodge wrote:

What is the correct way of finishing this corner?

Donno about correct but I mitre the top pieces and just butt the
vertical up underneath looks fine. Sand off the point from the mitre
to the same profile as the vertical and the grout fills in any holes.

I put the vertical so that the flange goes behind the tiles on the
reveal not the wall. This means that the most visible edge is a nice
straight line.

Agreed. I've never found an ideal solution to this, and I don't regard
mitred tiles as one either!