Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl plastic utility cabinet

If you've some time to kill, need some outdoor storage, 70 quid burning
a hole and some rage to expend, do me a favour.

Go and get one of these Lidl outdoor cabinets, the tall one, and let me
know....

How long it took you to put it together,
Whether you bled,
Whether you finished up with any cracks in it,
And whether you reckon they could have done away with about 90% of the
parts if they'd put it in a 3 inch bigger box.

I'm in a fairly bad mood now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 12:53, R D S wrote:
If you've some time to kill, need some outdoor storage, 70 quid burning
a hole and some rage to expend, do me a favour.

Go and get one of these Lidl outdoor cabinets, the tall one, and let me
know....

How long it took you to put it together,
Whether you bled,
Whether you finished up with any cracks in it,
And whether you reckon they could have done away with about 90% of the
parts if they'd put it in a 3 inch bigger box.

I'm in a fairly bad mood now.

I once purchased a shed with a thin aluminium frame and corrugated
plastic sheet for the walls, roof and door. It arrived as a flat pack
and I spent way too long assembling it with a great deal of swearing.
Plastic screws and nuts which over the years became brittle and failed.
Originally it was free standing until the first strong wind and
afterwards a hundredweight of concrete inside the bottom to hold the ali
frame down. A roll of waterproof duct tape was provided to cover the
cracks/joins, which in fairness lasted longer than some of the plastic
panels which also became brittle and started cracking up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/06/2021 08:38, alan_m wrote:

I once purchased a shed with a thin aluminium frame and corrugated
plastic sheet for the walls, roof and door.Â* It arrived as a flat pack
and I spent way too long assembling it with a great deal of swearing.

I've just looked in the instructions before chucking them,

It had 40 *different* pieces,
And 84 pieces in total.

It will be handy now built though, I'd get another