Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A palm router.

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers. Anyone else got one, and
experience to relate? This with 1/4" and 3/8" collets, intended use in
conjunction with Mighton's TCT 2mm slot cutter for applying weather
stripping to timber windows & doors an other light endeavours.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Bacon wrote:

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers. Anyone else got one

I've got the Makita (which I presume it's a knock-off of) have mostly
used it for roundover bits, but sure it's capable of more ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris Bacon wrote:

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers.

You forget yourself, sir! This is uk.d-i-y, not Sheds. AIUI, we don't
do ROT13; although we do do acronyms, big time.

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Another John wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers.

This is uk.d-i-y, not Sheds. AIUI, we don't do ROT13

Ah, but is it rot13, or an anagram?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

Another John wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers.

This is uk.d-i-y, not Sheds. AIUI, we don't do ROT13

Ah, but is it rot13, or an anagram?

It isn't BuddCrypt, that would be 'obguth'.

--
\|/
(((Ï))) Mr Ön!on https://youtu.be/V-mhdIVwky0

When we shake the ketchup bottle
First none comes and then a lot'll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2021 11:21, Another John wrote:
In article ,
Chris Bacon wrote:

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers.

You forget yourself, sir! This is uk.d-i-y, not Sheds. AIUI, we don't
do ROT13; although we do do acronyms, big time.

My goodness, I hadn't even realised. I looked in the shed not long ago,
after decades of absence, and must have caught something here. The place
is unrecognisable.

Apologies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2021 19:03, Chris Bacon wrote:

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers. Anyone else got one, and
experience to relate? This with 1/4" and 3/8" collets, intended use in
conjunction with Mighton's TCT 2mm slot cutter for applying weather
stripping to timber windows & doors an other light endeavours.

Is the query specific to palm routers, or that particular model?

Slot cutter should be fine (and in some way is less unintuitive[1] to
use in a fixed base router than a plunge one)

[1] I find them quite easy to mess up bits of wood with by forgetting
that you can't use any kind of plunge action with them, and need to
place them on to the reference surface without having a lump out of it,
then sliding into the cut, then cutting, then sliding out, and finally
removing from the reference surface also with having a lump out of it!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2021 20:29, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/05/2021 19:03, Chris Bacon wrote:
Is the query specific to palm routers, or that particular model?

That particular machine. A Katsu 1/4 & 3/8" palm router.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 May 2021 at 11:30:52 BST, "Andy Burns" wrote:

Another John wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers.

This is uk.d-i-y, not Sheds. AIUI, we don't do ROT13

Ah, but is it rot13, or an anagram?

Is there a name for words that consist entirely of rot13 inverse pairs?

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2021 21:29, Chris Bacon wrote:
On 23/05/2021 20:29, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/05/2021 19:03, Chris Bacon wrote:
Is the query specific to palm routers, or that particular model?

That particular machine. A Katsu 1/4 & 3/8" palm router.

Can't give you any specifics in which case. Chances are it will be much
the same as most budget routers - adequate but perhaps a little rough at
times. (probably better for being fixed base rather than plunge)

--
Cheers,

John.