Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fire Engine and chains

why do fire engines have chains hanging underneath? Static discharge?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2021 20:50, JohnP wrote:
why do fire engines have chains hanging underneath? Static discharge?

Automatic snow chains - yes really!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2021 21:18, Steve Walker wrote:
On 06/05/2021 20:50, JohnP wrote:
why do fire engines have chains hanging underneath? Static discharge?

Automatic snow chains - yes really!

https://www.rud.co.uk/rud-automatic-...ices-vehicles/

Amazing !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robert wrote in
:

https://www.rud.co.uk/rud-automatic-...lly-designed-f
or-emergency-services-vehicles/

Blimey!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP wrote

why do fire engines have chains hanging underneath?

Ours don’t.

Static discharge?

More likely so that when the water stream
hits electrical stuff that current is earthed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Fri, 7 May 2021 08:02:19 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP wrote in news:XnsAD22E54ACFB71JohPnowherecom@
81.171.92.222:

Robert wrote in
:

https://www.rud.co.uk/rud-automatic-...lly-designed-f
or-emergency-services-vehicles/

Blimey!

Not what I was expecting! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLJPz5BseQI

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/05/2021 11:25, JohnP wrote:
JohnP wrote in news:XnsAD22E54ACFB71JohPnowherecom@
81.171.92.222:

Robert wrote in
:

https://www.rud.co.uk/rud-automatic-...lly-designed-f
or-emergency-services-vehicles/

Blimey!

Not what I was expecting! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLJPz5BseQI

So obvious! Once you have seen it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

What sort of person goes around looking under fire engines. I never knew
they had them, would hey not rattle a bit?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 06/05/2021 20:50, JohnP wrote:
why do fire engines have chains hanging underneath? Static discharge?

Automatic snow chains - yes really!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2021 18:26, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
What sort of person goes around looking under fire engines. I never knew
they had them, would hey not rattle a bit?
Brian

I have no idea. I presume that they don't rattle too much, as they are
used not just on fire engines, but on many normal, American trucks. I
only knew about them as I happened to see a video, on Youtube a few
weeks ago, showing them working on a truck on a snow covered road.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

What sort of person goes around looking under fire engines.

Me. My dad, ex military, said I would do well in military intelligence.

I never knew they had them, would hey not rattle a bit?

Nope, they hang down free.

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 06/05/2021 20:50, JohnP wrote:
why do fire engines have chains hanging underneath? Static discharge?

Automatic snow chains - yes really!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 May 2021 06:24:20 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Hawk addressing the obnoxious senile Australian pest:
"I'm willing to bet you scream your own name when jacking off."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 May 2021 18:26:40 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

What sort of person goes around looking under fire engines. I never knew
they had them, would hey not rattle a bit?

I suspect you see them if you are following one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" wrote in news:s7960g$rmp$1
@dont-email.me:

What sort of person goes around looking under fire engines. I never knew
they had them, would hey not rattle a bit?
Brian

Brian - it overtook me and I followed it for a while. They were very
obvious swaying and it drive along.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in news:ifj7biF23snU1
@mid.individual.net:

JohnP wrote

why do fire engines have chains hanging underneath?

Ours don’t.

Static discharge?

More likely so that when the water stream
hits electrical stuff that current is earthed.

But they were not reaching the ground.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in news:ifj7biF23snU1
@mid.individual.net:

JohnP wrote

why do fire engines have chains hanging underneath?

Ours dont.

Static discharge?

More likely so that when the water stream
hits electrical stuff that current is earthed.

But they were not reaching the ground.

Its Rod. Save your breath (figuratively).

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls