Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Advice to people about to buy a Stihl pressure washer

Dont.

This one is three years old. It failed within a few weeks of purchase
the shop said 'pressure switch' and fixed it under warranty - or did they?

Last week it started getting 'lazy' with restarting after having
switched itself off.

So stripped it to get the pressure switch off. It's a simple enough
assembly - mainly plastic - screws into mazak housing. O-rings seal it.

https://www.lsengineers.co.uk/contro...-510-0300.html

No way would it unscrew. Whether it had been deliberately glued in place
by the ******* who replaced it under warranty, or what I do not know.

I managed to get *most* of it out but damaged the housing in the process.

So that's a new housing was well. Half the cost of a new washer.

German Kunts

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't think, quite often the designers test the materials they use to make
stuff from enough. They believe what the makers say then end up with egg on
face later on.
I had a great ratchet Screwdriver made by a company beginning with g. I
bought a later version a few years ago and the handle started to slip within
a year. Crap plastic. I had to araldite it back on.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

My original ratchet screwdriver was made by a company whose name began with
S (bought whenat university), I bought a longer one a few years later which
had G as the initial letter - and a wooden handle. I still have them

In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
I don't think, quite often the designers test the materials they use to
make stuff from enough. They believe what the makers say then end up with
egg on face later on. I had a great ratchet Screwdriver made by a company
beginning with g. I bought a later version a few years ago and the
handle started to slip within a year. Crap plastic. I had to araldite it
back on.

Brian

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England