Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Default Decent replacement phone battery supplier?

I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

https://www.ifixit.com/

Bit of a premium, but wanted somewhere I could trust - the ebay/Amazon
sellers are awash with recycled offerings of questionable life. The £30
iPhone SE battery I got from ifixit has been installed for more than a
year, and whilst not original, it's holding charge well.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..

A couple of quid is in fact all the raw cells cost.,

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y Adrian Caspersz wrote:
https://www.ifixit.com/

Bit of a premium, but wanted somewhere I could trust - the ebay/Amazon
sellers are awash with recycled offerings of questionable life. The £30
iPhone SE battery I got from ifixit has been installed for more than a
year, and whilst not original, it's holding charge well.

+1

At least with Samsung batteries, one thing to note is they only manufacture
the originals while the phone is in production. So, when I came to look for
a Galaxy Note 4 recently (made 2014), the 'Samsung' batteries on
ebay/Amazon/etc were all fake - all the genuine stock is long gone. Ifixit
didn't have one, so I ended up with a Ravpower from Amazon. Ravpower are
one of those made-for-selling-on-Amazon brands, like Anker, Aukey, etc and
their products are generally OK (not as good as Anker, but not trash).
It's been fine, but I don't use it regularly so it's hard to tell long term.

The moral of this story is sometimes a non-OEM battery is better than a
'genuine' one.

Theo
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..

Is there anyway of getting inside the battery pack with a
dremel or similar and identifying what type of cells it
uses, and then sourcing them ?.

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:
On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..

Is there anyway of getting inside the battery pack with a
dremel or similar and identifying what type of cells it
uses, and then sourcing them ?.

Beware battery fires....

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..

Are you sure that the battery is replacable on that model?
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:

Is there anyway of getting inside the battery pack with a dremel

Please set-up a GoPro if you do that ...
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 25/04/2021 12:01, newman wrote:
On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..

Are you sure that the battery is replacable on that model?

Earlier fat models of phones tended to have replaceable batteries that
sometimes came separated from the phone or fitted but with insulation
over their terminals which had to be removed before use.

Modern thin ones tend to be hot glued together on a once and forever
basis. Though they can be dismantled it is an interesting procedure
typically involving a hot air blower and a sharpened paint scraper.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 12:01:24 +0100, newman
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..

Are you sure that the battery is replacable on that model?

The pictures of the insides and replacement batteries for that model
look very similar to the Moto E. I replaced the battery in an old Moto
E by unscrewing parts inside the case, unglueing the double-sided
sticky stuff and then separating the battery connector from the
circuit board. (It has a connector that disconnects in a non-obvious
way - DAMHIKT & DAM which non-obvious way because I've forgotten.)
Just make sure you have the right screwdriver bits to hand before you
start.

Nick

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:
On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..

Is there anyway of getting inside the battery pack with a
dremel or similar and identifying what type of cells it
uses, and then sourcing them ?.

That's unnecessary. It's a single cell.
The entire rectangular thing, is a cell.

Check out the operating voltage as proof.

https://i.postimg.cc/wMG9QJ93/fc40-single-cell-pack.gif

It's the same concept as the battery for my
digital camera. A single cell.

The quoted voltage is 3.8V. It probably charge-terminates
at 4.3V, and after it settles, the open circuit voltage is
3.8V. If you look at one of your tool-packs, it could
be 4*3.6V = 14.4V. They quote the resting voltage, rather
than the charge-termination voltage.

The benefit of single cell packs, is you can
run them flat without risk of reverse-bias. A
charger designed for such things, will charge
them all the way from zero. That's why the chargers
for such things, are designed for the specific item
or form factor, so you won't be using the charger
for some other purpose. The form factor also
prevents polarity reversal (only one way to insert pack).
Some even come with three contacts, and one of the
contacts is an "enable". This is intended to make it
harder to short the pack. The one in the example is
two wire, uses a female connector and is "fully armed".

Paul
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y Paul wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Is there anyway of getting inside the battery pack with a
dremel or similar and identifying what type of cells it
uses, and then sourcing them ?.

That's unnecessary. It's a single cell.
The entire rectangular thing, is a cell.

Yep, just like a Duracell AA the thing is a cell, there aren't cells hiding
inside.

In theory any lithium ion cell will do, but the trouble is finding one of
the right dimensions to fit, as they're typically custom to the specific
phone. Also there is probably a tiny PCB with a protection circuit inside,
and possibly some temperature sensing. This likely attaches to the other
terminal(s) and the phone may not turn on without it.

Theo
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In article , Adrian Caspersz
scribeth thus
On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

https://www.ifixit.com/

Bit of a premium, but wanted somewhere I could trust - the ebay/Amazon
sellers are awash with recycled offerings of questionable life. The 30
iPhone SE battery I got from ifixit has been installed for more than a
year, and whilst not original, it's holding charge well.

Seems my model is too old for what they supply!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In article , newman
scribeth thus
On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..

Are you sure that the battery is replacable on that model?

Yes it is, theres a vid on Youtube showing how its done by the makers of
the replacement I've now found thanks!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Nick Odell
scribeth thus
wrote:

[...]

I've found the exact one now thats its made by this lot!..

https://www.cameronsino.com/
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 25/04/2021 01:27, tony sayer wrote:
I've got a rather elderly Motorola which is a superb phone for what i
need. However its now some years old and in need of a new battery.

Can anyone recommend a battery seller who supplies decent reliable long
lasting batteries?, I see on fleabay some as cheap as a couple of quid
surely at that price the quality must suffer?, don't mind paying more
for a decent product its a MOTO G3 type number XT1541

TIA!..

A couple of quid is in fact all the raw cells cost.,

Agreed. I think the Chinese have figured out for themselves that
skimping on battery QA is self defeating. My experience with two or
three dozen non-oem phone, camera, and cordless tool batteries is that
problems are very infrequent. I've certainly never had an extreme failure.
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2021 16:28, newshound wrote:

Agreed. I think the Chinese have figured out for themselves that
skimping on battery QA is self defeating. My experience with two or
three dozen non-oem phone, camera, and cordless tool batteries is that
problems are very infrequent. I've certainly never had an extreme failure.

I've found the opposite with two phones and one camera. Replacement
batteries (always described as genuine) have failed within 3 months.
Batteries from another (random) supplier have since lasted well, so far.
There was practically no price difference between the good and bad
batteries.

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2021 17:30, alan_m wrote:
On 26/04/2021 16:28, newshound wrote:

Agreed. I think the Chinese have figured out for themselves that
skimping on battery QA is self defeating. My experience with two or
three dozen non-oem phone, camera, and cordless tool batteries is that
problems are very infrequent. I've certainly never had an extreme
failure.

I've found the opposite with two phones and one camera. Replacement
batteries (always described as genuine) have failed within 3 months.
Batteries from another (random) supplier have since lasted well, so far.
There was practically no price difference between the good and bad
batteries.

Agreed. That's why I took caution in choosing a supplier.

I have replaced a few batteries in mobile phones, satnavs and tablets,
and bargains from eBay and Amazon have mostly been nothing more than
frauds. They recycle parts cleaning to look like new, not manufacture -
a process with expensive tooling and QA, not all can afford. Have a look
on eBay for factory tours.

The work (and risk for me) in disassembling a fiddly expensive phone,
and having not to repeat that exercise again in a short time, makes it
worthwhile.

Releasing double sided sticky tape from the back of a charged Li-Ion
phone battery without damaging it and letting out the demon wisps, is
not my idea of fun. Even worse if an overcharged damaged battery is
boating. So the less time done with me wielding dental floss approaching
the target in bomb disposal mode, the better

Then some would say I'm a bit of a wuss....

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 25/04/2021 18:58, tony sayer wrote:

I've found a recommended one now thanks its part number
CS-MXT155SL made by this lot who seems to do a lot of replacement
batteries!..

https://www.cameronsino.com/

They have strange packaging ideas. Expect glossy marketing gimmicks
inside with your battery

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2021 18:12, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
[...]

Many of my phones have had removable batteries, but I didn't have any
trouble replacing the glued-in one on my wife's iPhone a few months ago.
I think I have probably only bought batteries from Amazon or eBay, and I
do select based on feedback. I can only repeat that I have never had
significant problems. I think I had one camera battery that did not last
particularly well. I had a phone once that started giving short battery
life, but I was able to show that this was the phone, not the batteries,
by swapping genuine and clone batteries back and forth between this and
another phone of the same model.
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:
I've found the opposite with two phones and one camera. Replacement
batteries (always described as genuine) have failed within 3 months.

My experience is that if a battery is called "genuine", you have
to check very carefully to see that it is also described as
"new"/"unused" (which it is probably not).

Batteries from another (random) supplier have since lasted well,
so far.

Same here. I think I get better odds of a good outcome by buying
a random supplier's "matching" battery, than of getting an actual
unused genuine one. Also, if the device is really old, it seems
to me that any actual unused genuine battery may have suffered
from aging.

#Paul
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2021 20:07, #Paul wrote:
alan_m wrote:
I've found the opposite with two phones and one camera. Replacement
batteries (always described as genuine) have failed within 3 months.

My experience is that if a battery is called "genuine", you have
to check very carefully to see that it is also described as
"new"/"unused" (which it is probably not).

Batteries from another (random) supplier have since lasted well,
so far.

Same here. I think I get better odds of a good outcome by buying
a random supplier's "matching" battery, than of getting an actual
unused genuine one. Also, if the device is really old, it seems
to me that any actual unused genuine battery may have suffered
from aging.

I have interesting problems sometimes buying electronic accessories for
a keen price.

A set of active 3D glasses for a Sony TV can cost a lot in a dealer
(£100 a pair then), and is available discounted across both Amazon and
eBay. On there some of the packaging, printing and pack photographs look
suspect - never mind their claims that this a genuine or a genuine
compatible with an original part, either will leave my head spinning.

So I deliberately wound up buying something cheaper that looked
completely not a Sony product, yet had some positive views from previous
purchasers. It was fine for the two 3D bluerays I own.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2021 20:07, #Paul wrote:
alan_m wrote:
I've found the opposite with two phones and one camera. Replacement
batteries (always described as genuine) have failed within 3 months.

My experience is that if a battery is called "genuine", you have
to check very carefully to see that it is also described as
"new"/"unused" (which it is probably not).

Sellers will show a genuine battery in their adverts or listings but
what you get is slightly different - but it will have the brand name and
a hologram sticker etc. The supplied battery is just fake.

The ones to really avoid are those claiming to be double the capacity,
but in the same physical package.

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2021 18:19, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 25/04/2021 18:58, tony sayer wrote:

I've found a recommended one now thanks its part number
CS-MXT155SL made by this lot who seems to do a lot of replacement
batteries!..

https://www.cameronsino.com/

They have strange packaging ideas. Expect glossy marketing gimmicks
inside with your battery

Other company vouchers in with you order are popular marketing.

Being a cynic I once checked one of these £xx off a case of wine
vouchers. The voucher leads you to a dedicated web page with the price
of the wine with and without the voucher. However going to the web site
parent page and then into the box of wine section there was the same
product much cheaper. The "full" price quoted in the voucher page was
that for a single bottle x12 and not for the normal discounted case price.

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Chris in Makati wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 20:07:14 +0100,
(#Paul) wrote:

alan_m wrote:
I've found the opposite with two phones and one camera. Replacement
batteries (always described as genuine) have failed within 3 months.

My experience is that if a battery is called "genuine", you have
to check very carefully to see that it is also described as
"new"/"unused" (which it is probably not).

The problem is what defines whether a battery is "genuine"?

Phone manufacturers source their batteries from various third-party
suppliers. Each of those suppliers probably sell their batteries via
different channels to any number of other customers.

So is a battery still "genuine" if it came from the same
factory, but didn't have a particular label on it?

That wasn't really my point, but a phone manufacturer might e.g. specify
stringent quality control checks on batteries it sources. This still
leaves the factory able to sells good-but-not-good-enough batteries off
as "compatible"; so a battery from the same factory might (or might not)
be the same in all respects as a "genuine" one.

My point about "genuine" as a sales-tag was that it seems often
to be used mainly to distract a buyer from the fact (or possibility)
that whilst the battery might be genuine, it was also used/
second-hand/ failed, or otherwise not what the buyer is *actually*
looking for.

#Paul
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y Chris in Makati wrote:
Phone manufacturers source their batteries from various third-party
suppliers. Each of those suppliers probably sell their batteries via
different channels to any number of other customers.

So is a battery still "genuine" if it came from the same factory, but
didn't have a particular label on it?

I think the 'made in the same factory as Kelloggs' argument is overdone.
Most top-tier brands (Apple, Samsung, etc) have agreements with major
contract manufacturers (Foxconn, etc). Foxconn have enough of a reputation
to protect that they won't build knockoff iPhones on the late shift and let
them into the market.

For lower level components it's possible the same part is branded multiple
ways (like different cars can share the same part), but I imagine the volume
of Apple, Samsung, etc is such they buy all the production of factory X with
no scope for running a late shift. Plus if Apple found out the contract
would be terminated very fast. Most of the parts you might replace (screen,
case, battery, etc) are bespoke so there's no sharing between different
brands than there might be for oil filters or wheel bearings, where you
might buy a Skoda part cheaper than an Audi part.

So when we're looking at aftermarket parts I think it's fair to assume we're
looking at those from secondary suppliers. The QC is only as good as the
effort they put in and the supply chain that got it to you.

This is separate from the increased risks of fakes in 'genuine' parts, as
against aftermarket brands which aren't worth faking.

Theo
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 12:55 28 Apr 2021, Theo said:

In uk.d-i-y Chris in Makati wrote:
Phone manufacturers source their batteries from various
third-party suppliers. Each of those suppliers probably sell
their batteries via different channels to any number of other
customers.

So is a battery still "genuine" if it came from the same factory,
but didn't have a particular label on it?

I think the 'made in the same factory as Kelloggs' argument is
overdone. Most top-tier brands (Apple, Samsung, etc) have
agreements with major contract manufacturers (Foxconn, etc).
Foxconn have enough of a reputation to protect that they won't
build knockoff iPhones on the late shift and let them into the
market.

However a manufacturer can run two lines with one producing
batteries of lower spec (and lower cost) than the other.

[...]

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y Pamela wrote:
On 12:55 28 Apr 2021, Theo said:

In uk.d-i-y Chris in Makati wrote:
Phone manufacturers source their batteries from various
third-party suppliers. Each of those suppliers probably sell
their batteries via different channels to any number of other
customers.

So is a battery still "genuine" if it came from the same factory,
but didn't have a particular label on it?

I think the 'made in the same factory as Kelloggs' argument is
overdone. Most top-tier brands (Apple, Samsung, etc) have
agreements with major contract manufacturers (Foxconn, etc).
Foxconn have enough of a reputation to protect that they won't
build knockoff iPhones on the late shift and let them into the
market.

However a manufacturer can run two lines with one producing
batteries of lower spec (and lower cost) than the other.

It's *possible* but if you think about it that's quite difficult to
do. In reality having a single production line producing just one
type of battery would probably make that battery cheaper than both
types being made on two separate production lines.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 14:54 28 Apr 2021, Chris Green said:

In uk.d-i-y Pamela wrote:
On 12:55 28 Apr 2021, Theo said:

[...]

It doesn't really matter whether a different physical production line
is used for each product or they share the same line but different
materials are used. In the end, a single factory can produce one
battery at one price and another battery at another price.

A factory's purpose is not to product the highest quality fault-free
items possible. It's purpose is to make a profit at any level of
quality and that might mean providing the market with offerings at two
different price points.

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 16:18, Pamela wrote:
It doesn't really matter whether a different physical production line
is used for each product or they share the same line but different
materials are used. In the end, a single factory can produce one
battery at one price and another battery at another price.

Worse, they can have - say a 15% failure rate of batteries that are sub
standard.

These get sold off cheap and rebadged and sold by cowboy traders.
Sir Clive Sinclair stated out like that selling reject Newmarket
semiconductor transistors to hobbyists.

A factory's purpose is not to product the highest quality fault-free
items possible. It's purpose is to make a profit at any level of
quality and that might mean providing the market with offerings at two
different price points.

Sure.

And making a turn on what would otherwise turn up in the scrap bin

--
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.

Dennis Miller

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 14:22:54 +0100, Pamela
wrote:

On 12:55 28 Apr 2021, Theo said:

In uk.d-i-y Chris in Makati wrote:
Phone manufacturers source their batteries from various
third-party suppliers. Each of those suppliers probably sell
their batteries via different channels to any number of other
customers.

So is a battery still "genuine" if it came from the same factory,
but didn't have a particular label on it?

I think the 'made in the same factory as Kelloggs' argument is
overdone. Most top-tier brands (Apple, Samsung, etc) have
agreements with major contract manufacturers (Foxconn, etc).
Foxconn have enough of a reputation to protect that they won't
build knockoff iPhones on the late shift and let them into the
market.

However a manufacturer can run two lines with one producing
batteries of lower spec (and lower cost) than the other.

Or possibly an even higher spec for another manufacturer.

"Genuine" doesn't necessarily mean higher quality. It could mean
nothing more than whether a label/trademark has been attached to a
component or not.

Chris
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

"Theo" wrote in message
[...]

Its more complicated than that with replacement batterys for
their older now obsolete phones. They wont be still doing the
full production of those anymore.

Plus if Apple found out the contract would be terminated very fast.

Depends on who else can produce them in that volume.

Most of the parts you might replace (screen, case, battery, etc)
are bespoke so there's no sharing between different brands
than there might be for oil filters or wheel bearings, where
you might buy a Skoda part cheaper than an Audi part.

So when we're looking at aftermarket parts I think it's fair to assume
we're looking at those from secondary suppliers. The QC is only as
good as the effort they put in and the supply chain that got it to you.

This is separate from the increased risks of fakes in 'genuine'
parts, as against aftermarket brands which aren't worth faking.

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

"Chris Green" wrote in message
news
In uk.d-i-y Pamela wrote:
On 12:55 28 Apr 2021, Theo said:

[...]

But there is never just one type of battery with internal phone batteries.

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Default "Who or What is Rod Speed?"

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 05:00:29 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

dennis@home to senile know-it-all Rodent Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 28/04/2021 16:18, Pamela wrote:
It doesn't really matter whether a different physical production line
is used for each product or they share the same line but different
materials are used. In the end, a single factory can produce one
battery at one price and another battery at another price.

Worse, they can have - say a 15% failure rate of batteries that are sub
standard.

These get sold off cheap and rebadged and sold by cowboy traders.
Sir Clive Sinclair stated out like that selling reject Newmarket
semiconductor transistors to hobbyists.

Plus his oddball kits especially those PWM amps he flogged!...

A factory's purpose is not to product the highest quality fault-free
items possible. It's purpose is to make a profit at any level of
quality and that might mean providing the market with offerings at two
different price points.

Sure.

And making a turn on what would otherwise turn up in the scrap bin

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

In article , Adrian Caspersz
scribeth thus
On 25/04/2021 18:58, tony sayer wrote:

I've found a recommended one now thanks its part number
CS-MXT155SL made by this lot who seems to do a lot of replacement
batteries!..

https://www.cameronsino.com/

They have strange packaging ideas. Expect glossy marketing gimmicks
inside with your battery

Well its turned up, packed in a plastic thing that can be hung on a shop
display. Looks fine and seemingly well made and is slightly curved
which would have been a PITA to have matched with replacement cells.

This lot supplied, seems they have 880 pages of mobile batteries and a
lot of other applications!..

https://www.fusionbattery.co.uk/coll...le-smartphone-
battery?page=1

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 00:29:33 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 28/04/2021 16:18, Pamela wrote:
It doesn't really matter whether a different physical production line
is used for each product or they share the same line but different
materials are used. In the end, a single factory can produce one
battery at one price and another battery at another price.

Worse, they can have - say a 15% failure rate of batteries that are sub
standard.

These get sold off cheap and rebadged and sold by cowboy traders.
Sir Clive Sinclair stated out like that selling reject Newmarket
semiconductor transistors to hobbyists.

Plus his oddball kits especially those PWM amps he flogged!...

Tell me about it. I worked in a shop where we sold those. I spent a lot
of time troubleshooting what customers had done with them.