Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED lamps

I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had posted a
review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their oven!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2021 11:35, JohnP wrote:
I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had posted a
review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their oven!

I didn't know there were G9 bulbs of any sort for ovens?

All the bulbs I;ve bought for ovens over the years have been SES
fittings....

Was this for a gas, electric convection or microwave oven?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

SH wrote in :

On 13/04/2021 11:35, JohnP wrote:
I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had
posted a review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their
oven!

I didn't know there were G9 bulbs of any sort for ovens?

All the bulbs I;ve bought for ovens over the years have been SES
fittings....

Was this for a gas, electric convection or microwave oven?

I was also surprised, There was an accompanying photo of the molten
remains.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

What? What a wally, are you sure it was not an April fool left over?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"JohnP" wrote in message
. ..
I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had posted a
review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their oven!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 13/04/2021 11:46, SH wrote:
On 13/04/2021 11:35, JohnP wrote:
I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had
posted a
review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their oven!

I didn't know there were G9 bulbs of any sort for ovens?

All the bulbs I;ve bought for ovens over the years have been SES
fittings....

Was this for a gas, electric convection or microwave oven?

Our Bosch Oven takes high temp rated tungsten G4 lamps. I suppose one
*could* fit an LED variant if one was sufficently inclined to do so.
Doubt it would end well
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lee wrote:
Our Bosch Oven takes high temp rated tungsten G4 lamps. I suppose one
*could* fit an LED variant if one was sufficently inclined to do so.
Doubt it would end well

Just think of all the energy you'll save ;-)

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Theo wrote in
:

Lee wrote:
Our Bosch Oven takes high temp rated tungsten G4 lamps. I suppose one
*could* fit an LED variant if one was sufficently inclined to do so.
Doubt it would end well

Just think of all the energy you'll save ;-)

Theo

Proper oven lamps hav special glass and solder. An LED uses plastic and
circuit boards.

selling led lighting such as led christmas light,led decorative light,led house lamp led lighting UK diy 0 February 6th 07 06:45 AM
LED,LED Lamp,LED Lights,LED Display,Automotive Lamp,LED Chip,LED Module [email protected] Electronics 0 December 4th 05 11:08 AM
LED MR 11 lamps Derek ^ UK diy 3 November 7th 05 12:37 PM
O.T. Making clear lamps into amber lamps NokNokMan Metalworking 14 October 12th 05 05:46 PM
Convert Miniature Lamps to LED on Stereo Receiver canaanskier Electronics 3 June 26th 04 04:17 AM