DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LED lamps (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/686068-led-lamps.html)

JohnP April 13th 21 11:35 AM

LED lamps

I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had posted a
review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their oven!

SH[_4_] April 13th 21 11:46 AM

LED lamps

On 13/04/2021 11:35, JohnP wrote:
I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had posted a
review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their oven!

I didn't know there were G9 bulbs of any sort for ovens?

All the bulbs I;ve bought for ovens over the years have been SES
fittings....

Was this for a gas, electric convection or microwave oven?

JohnP April 13th 21 04:17 PM

LED lamps

SH wrote in :

On 13/04/2021 11:35, JohnP wrote:
I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had
posted a review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their
oven!

I didn't know there were G9 bulbs of any sort for ovens?

All the bulbs I;ve bought for ovens over the years have been SES
fittings....

Was this for a gas, electric convection or microwave oven?

I was also surprised, There was an accompanying photo of the molten
remains.

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) April 13th 21 04:35 PM

LED lamps

What? What a wally, are you sure it was not an April fool left over?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
. ..

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) April 13th 21 04:38 PM

LED lamps

As far as I know that fitting relies a lot on plastic mouldings so I'd guess
it was not in fact that style of bulb at all. The one in my microwave is an
as type of conventional filament design I think.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"JohnP" wrote in message
. ..

Lee April 13th 21 06:01 PM

LED lamps

On 13/04/2021 11:46, SH wrote:
On 13/04/2021 11:35, JohnP wrote:
I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had
posted a
review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their oven!

I didn't know there were G9 bulbs of any sort for ovens?

All the bulbs I;ve bought for ovens over the years have been SES
fittings....

Was this for a gas, electric convection or microwave oven?

Our Bosch Oven takes high temp rated tungsten G4 lamps. I suppose one
*could* fit an LED variant if one was sufficently inclined to do so.
Doubt it would end well :)

Theo[_3_] April 13th 21 10:02 PM

LED lamps

Lee wrote:
Our Bosch Oven takes high temp rated tungsten G4 lamps. I suppose one
*could* fit an LED variant if one was sufficently inclined to do so.
Doubt it would end well :)

Just think of all the energy you'll save ;-)

Theo

JohnP April 14th 21 08:48 AM

LED lamps

Theo wrote in
:

Lee wrote:
Our Bosch Oven takes high temp rated tungsten G4 lamps. I suppose one
*could* fit an LED variant if one was sufficently inclined to do so.
Doubt it would end well :)

Just think of all the energy you'll save ;-)

Theo

Proper oven lamps hav special glass and solder. An LED uses plastic and
circuit boards.