Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Intermittent kettling from heating boiler

Why would a heating boiler make frequent kettling noises lasting a week
or two and then they stop completely? Perhaps returning after a couple
of months.

Is scale and gunk accumulating in the heat exchanger and then getting
blown away by the kettling bubbles?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2021 10:51, Pamela wrote:
Why would a heating boiler make frequent kettling noises lasting a week
or two and then they stop completely? Perhaps returning after a couple
of months.

Is scale and gunk accumulating in the heat exchanger and then getting
blown away by the kettling bubbles?

Mine did this. Eventually I found the automatic bleed valve atop the
boiler was sticking, and I suppose entrapped 'air' was sometimes cleared
by the pump, or maybe the valve worked sometimes. Anyway, it's been
fine now for a couple of years.

--
Cheers
Clive
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Pamela wrote:
Why would a heating boiler make frequent kettling noises lasting a week
or two and then they stop completely? Perhaps returning after a couple
of months.

Is scale and gunk accumulating in the heat exchanger and then getting
blown away by the kettling bubbles?

that would bhe my assumption.

Screwfix sell a "noise reducer" potion which works well on my system

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have noticed that in my immersion heater if I give the tank a sharp rap
when its doing it, the gunk falls off the element and all is well again for
ages. I think, though the water in London is very hard and full of
limescale, probably from that huge great concrete ring main we have!

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Pamela" wrote in message
Why would a heating boiler make frequent kettling noises lasting a week
or two and then they stop completely? Perhaps returning after a couple
of months.

Is scale and gunk accumulating in the heat exchanger and then getting
blown away by the kettling bubbles?

Intermittent kettling on Volkera compact bioler - fix? Chris Green UK diy 3 December 4th 16 03:39 PM
Boiler kettling Mogweed UK diy 0 January 24th 05 01:45 PM
CH boiler kettling (and changing the laws of physics) Hugo Nebula UK diy 6 January 18th 05 04:53 PM
Boiler kettling? David Hearn UK diy 5 January 1st 04 07:47 PM
increasing boiler kettling noise Tim Mitchell UK diy 1 October 29th 03 12:18 PM