Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No pictures

"Robin" wrote in message
On 29/03/2021 18:56, newshound wrote:
On 15/03/2021 17:02, nightjar wrote:

Don't start me on phone videos submitted to TV, having been taken in
portrait orientation. :-(

Annoying, aren't they. I'm slightly surprised that iPhones with all their
clever tech don't fix that automatically.

How would the phone taking the video know that it was to be viewed on a TV
rather than on another phone similarly held portrait?

By reading your mind, silly. Siri already does that,
checking for norty thoughts with those like Jommy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 05:48 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost THREE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 05:48:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

05:48 in Australia? So you've been up and trolling for almost THREE HOURS
already, YET AGAIN! Goes to show what a SICK SWINE you really are! But then
that's known all over Usenet!

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

williamwright wrote:

It would be really useful to just pop in a little image of the item
you're talking about.

Technically you can do it, just that most servers won't allow it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/03/2021 19:04, Robin wrote:
On 29/03/2021 18:56, newshound wrote:
On 15/03/2021 17:02, nightjar wrote:

Don't start me on phone videos submitted to TV, having been taken in
portrait orientation. :-(

Annoying, aren't they. I'm slightly surprised that iPhones with all
their clever tech don't fix that automatically.

How would the phone taking the video know that it was to be viewed on a
TV rather than on another phone similarly held portrait?

I can't think of many cases where a video isn't better viewed in
landscape mode, whatever the medium it is to be viewed on.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
williamwright wrote:

I think this medium is outdated.

No thanks. As well as the continuous OT posts, we'd get enormous files of
fluffy kitten pictures.

Not heard of Facebook, Bill, or any of the other ones where you can post
pics ad nauseam?

As usual your logic is hard to follow. Just because I think this medium
is outdated, why do you think that I haven't heard of Facebook? If I
said that black and white TV was outdated would that make you think I'd
never heard of colour?

When you complain something is outdated, it suggests you don't know of a
viable alternative. Unless, of course, just stating the bleeding obvious.

--
*Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
On 14/03/2021 16:52, nightjar wrote:

No thanks. As well as the continuous OT posts, we'd get enormous files of
fluffy kitten pictures....

On a DIY group?

Or, as this a DIY group, running commentaries on the life of a DIYer,
such as a picture entitled 'this is the hammer I just hit my finger
with'. The picture will, of course, be badly composed and poorly lit.

It would be really useful to just pop in a little image of the item
you're talking about.

Which suggests you have no experience of such groups. That 'little'
picture would be taken at the highest resolution on the latest phone and
use an enormous amount of bandwidth. Which someone, somewhere, has to pay
for.

You can always post a link to the pic for those who want to see it.

Most web based forums don't allow you to post pics direct. Because of
cost. You can, however, use a hosting site and a link to that so the
picture appears on the site.

To be able to post direct, you'd either have to pay for the forum, or have
it accept lots of advertising.

--
*Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 15/03/2021 17:02, nightjar wrote:

Don't start me on phone videos submitted to TV, having been taken in
portrait orientation. :-(

Annoying, aren't they. I'm slightly surprised that iPhones with all
their clever tech don't fix that automatically.

You can't fix the wrong aspect ratio afterwards. Look at the mess TV makes
of it on their own programmes.

--
*A dog's not just for Christmas, it's alright on a Friday night too*