Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Best place to post pictures?

Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

I have a nice decking photo to share

who?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 06/03/2021 09:36, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 08:34:48 UTC, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

--
Adam

Dropbox

It seems not to be free.

Maybe I should have asked the question in a better way...

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 09:45:15 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 06/03/2021 09:36, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 08:34:48 UTC, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

--
Adam

Dropbox

It seems not to be free.

Maybe I should have asked the question in a better way...

--
Adam

I do not pay for mine although I keep getting invitations to upgrade to the paid version with additional features.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2021 09:36, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 08:34:48 UTC, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

--
Adam

Dropbox

Richard

box.com ?

e.g.

reversing sign
https://app.box.com/s/ii12ggy3dim4y4nc6v0bnqm3yorzdwrd

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2021 08:34, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

https://imgbb.com/

simple and free
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2021 08:34, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

There's https://www.flickr.com/ of course. Or https://imgsrc.ru/?lang=en
which allows you to set passwords, but sometimes shows dodgy adverts.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

I still use a few web based forums. Mainly car stuff. You can't post a pic
direct to them, but if you use some hosting sites, a suitable link makes
the pic appear in them. At one time most used Photobucket, but they
decided to start charging - and not a small amount. So I now use ImageBB.
Which still gives free storage for a reasonable number of pics. It also
gives a choice of what link to the pic you want to use.

--
*Gravity is a myth, the earth sucks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jimmy Stewart wrote:

On 06/03/2021 08:34, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

https://imgbb.com/

simple and free

Guid man yerself, Jimmy! Tried this and it looks good. (See thread
about "CH feed/overflow tank - gunge" )

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Jimmy Stewart wrote:

On 06/03/2021 08:34, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

https://imgbb.com/

simple and free

Guid man yerself, Jimmy! Tried this and it looks good. (See thread
about "CH feed/overflow tank - gunge" )

Just seen it John:-)

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

Adam

i use
https://vgy.me/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz wrote
Tricky Dicky wrote
ARW wrote

Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

Dropbox

box.com ?

e.g.

reversing sign
https://app.box.com/s/ii12ggy3dim4y4nc6v0bnqm3yorzdwrd

Nice clean UI and nice and easy to zoom in and scroll around.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart wrote
ARW wrote

Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

https://imgbb.com/

simple and free

I dont like the UI as much as with box and dropbox.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote
Tricky Dicky wrote
ARW wrote

Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

Dropbox

It seems not to be free.

It is free, I use it when sharing photos.

Maybe I should have asked the question in a better way...

You can be rather cryptic.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2021 09:45, ARW wrote:
On 06/03/2021 09:36, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 08:34:48 UTC, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

--
Adam

Dropbox

It seems not to be free.

It is free but with storage limitations (that won't bother you).

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 04:04:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes and their rates are not at all bad, but since I'd not use all the
extras, it seems pointless.
There is Icloud witch has now a way of sharing, as does Google and others,
but I do wonder how long this will all remain the case.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 09:45:15 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 06/03/2021 09:36, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 08:34:48 UTC, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

--
Adam

Dropbox

It seems not to be free.

Maybe I should have asked the question in a better way...

--
Adam

I do not pay for mine although I keep getting invitations to upgrade to
the paid version with additional features.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2021 10:20, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 06/03/2021 09:36, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 08:34:48 UTC, ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

--
Adam

Dropbox

Richard

box.com ?

e.g.

reversing sign
https://app.box.com/s/ii12ggy3dim4y4nc6v0bnqm3yorzdwrd

+1

Whilst there *are* paid accounts, you get 10GB of storage with each free
account - and you can have as many free accounts as you have email
addresses. I've got 3 accounts for various purposes, and could have lots
more.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Normally I would stick them on the wiki.

It's just I have a nice decking photo to sha-)

A poster on another NG posts them to Twitter. They don't use Twitter for
anything else, just a stream of photos referred to in posts. However it
does mean you can @mention other people on Twitter to draw their attention
to things that are posted on Usenet.

I imagine Twitter is quite good for 'that thing I saw at work' because its
app interacts nicely with cameras on phones. The images themselves work
similar to other photo sharing sites (don't have to login to view ala
Facebook, etc)

Theo