Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default RSGBech/Pontins .......

https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining members.
Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be admitted.
RSGBTech has run very nicely for several years without them, we don't
want them to ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it is good
enough for Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2021 07:42, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining members.
Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be admitted. RSGBTech
has run very nicely for several years without them, we don't want them
to ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it is good enough for
Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee

The above summarises how the group operates, but, for convenience, we
use the RSGB internet guidelines which the owner helped develop.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2021 07:43, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
On 03/03/2021 07:42, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining
members. Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be
admitted. RSGBTech has run very nicely for several years without them,
we don't want them to ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it
is good enough for Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee

The above summarises how the group operates, but, for convenience, we
use the RSGB internet guidelines which the owner helped develop.

so open to all radio amateurs was a lie .....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2021 07:47, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
On 03/03/2021 07:43, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
On 03/03/2021 07:42, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining
members. Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be
admitted. RSGBTech has run very nicely for several years without
them, we don't want them to ruin it.If it is good enough for
Pontins....it is good enough for Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee

The above summarises how the group operates, but, for convenience, we
use the RSGB internet guidelines which the owner helped develop.

so open to all radio amateurs was a lie .....

Welcome to RSGBTech, an independent group open to ALL radio amateurs to
discuss amateur radio related technical matters

Pontins....tee tee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 07:49:01 +0000, Jimmy Stewart
wrote:

On 03/03/2021 07:47, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
On 03/03/2021 07:43, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
On 03/03/2021 07:42, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining
members. Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be
admitted. RSGBTech has run very nicely for several years without
them, we don't want them to ruin it.If it is good enough for
Pontins....it is good enough for Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee

The above summarises how the group operates, but, for convenience, we
use the RSGB internet guidelines which the owner helped develop.

so open to all radio amateurs was a lie .....

Welcome to RSGBTech, an independent group open to ALL radio amateurs to
discuss amateur radio related technical matters

Pontins....tee tee

Wrong group again?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In message , Jimmy Stewart
writes
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining
members. Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be
admitted. RSGBTech has run very nicely for several years without them,
we don't want them to ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it is
good enough for Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee

To misquote Groucho Marx, €œI wouldn't want to belong to a club that
would have YOU as a member€
--
Ian
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2021 07:58, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Jimmy Stewart
writes
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining
members. Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be
admitted. RSGBTech has run very nicely for several years without them,
we don't want them to ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it
is good enough for Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee

To misquote Groucho Marx, €œI wouldn't want to belong to a club that
would have YOU as a member€

OR...I would hate to belong to a club that has MM0FMF as a member.....

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

? I think most organisations like clubs with a fee are able to decide who
they allow in. Its the grounds under which they do this which could be an
issue.
Not heard of this one myself, but there has to be a clause at the very
least that says a person can be ejected for whatever behaviour is considered
bad.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jimmy Stewart" wrote in message
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining members.
Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be admitted. RSGBTech
has run very nicely for several years without them, we don't want them to
ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it is good enough for Radio
man AKA brian reay...tee hee

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2021 10:36, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
? I think most organisations like clubs with a fee are able to decide who
they allow in. Its the grounds under which they do this which could be an
issue.
Not heard of this one myself, but there has to be a clause at the very
least that says a person can be ejected for whatever behaviour is considered
bad.
Brian

But if they are black balled before even joining ? .....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2021 10:51, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 03/03/2021 10:36, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
? I think most organisations like clubs with a fee are able to decide who
they allow in. Its the grounds under which they do this which could be an
issue.
Â* Not heard of this one myself, but there has to be a clause at the very
least that says a person can be ejected for whatever behaviour is
considered
bad.
Â* Brian

But if they areÂ* black balled before even joining ? .....

like Pontins ...
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2021 11:09, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 03/03/2021 10:51, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 03/03/2021 10:36, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
? I think most organisations like clubs with a fee are able to decide
who
they allow in. Its the grounds under which they do this which could
be an
issue.
Â* Not heard of this one myself, but there has to be a clause at the very
least that says a person can be ejected for whatever behaviour is
considered
bad.
Â* Brian

But if they areÂ* black balled before even joining ? .....

like Pontins ...

"It is hard not to draw comparisons with an 'undesirable poster' list
and the signs displayed in hotel windows fifty years ago, explicitly
barring Irish people and Black people.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 11:11:08 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

snip

But if they are* black balled before even joining ? .....

like Pontins ...

"It is hard not to draw comparisons with an 'undesirable poster' list
and the signs displayed in hotel windows fifty years ago, explicitly
barring Irish people and Black people.

Quite, however, you can understand why people also have an obligation
to protect the interests of the vast majority of their customers
against the behaviour / attitude of others, irrespective of anything.

Whilst on a family holiday we arrived at a campsite and was greeted by
a hand written sign that stated 'No Motorcycles'. Now, we weren't
about to park our bikes at the gate and carry our gear to the site so
we went round the corner to another site. I went to the reception and
asked if they accepted motorcycles and they said 'Yes, we accept
anyone and you can stay as long as you behave yourself'. So, given we
would have 'behaved ourselves' just the same way if we had walked,
cycled or driven in in the car, we stayed a couple of night and all
was well.

After to speaking to the site owners, it turned out the other site had
had a large and rowdy group of 'Bikers', many of their other customers
had left and they didn't want to risk that again, both for their
reputation and revenue.

The issue here is that these groups aren't likely to be 'reasonable',
even when reasoned with and so it's easier / safer to prevent rather
than try to cure.

Just in the same way may public parks have fairly low height barriers
that will prevent access to many reasonable law abiding people in
camper vans whilst any groups likely to abuse the facility will simply
break their way in (although I think that puts them at a legal
disadvantage if they do).

The problem of course is where you draw that line and knowing you, I
too would draw it just in front of you. ;-)

Any society / group only works well when all parties have the same
level of cooperation and respect (for both the rules and so each
other).

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

? I think most organisations like clubs with a fee are able to decide who
they allow in.

Yes, but they still arent allowed to illegally discriminate
and say exclude all blacks or irish etc.

Its the grounds under which they do this which could be an issue.
Not heard of this one myself, but there has to be a clause at the very
least that says a person can be ejected for whatever behaviour is
considered bad.

And some still have the black ball system where any current member
can object to a proposed new member becoming a member.

"Jimmy Stewart" wrote in message
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining members.
Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be admitted. RSGBTech
has run very nicely for several years without them, we don't want them to
ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it is good enough for Radio
man AKA brian reay...tee hee

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Jimmy Stewart ..." wrote in message
On 03/03/2021 10:36, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
? I think most organisations like clubs with a fee are able to decide who
they allow in. Its the grounds under which they do this which could be an
issue.
Not heard of this one myself, but there has to be a clause at the very
least that says a person can be ejected for whatever behaviour is
considered
bad.
Brian

But if they are black balled before even joining ? .....

Still legal in most jurisdictions. In fact I cant think of any where it isnt
legal.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 06:04:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart wrote:
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining members.
Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be admitted.
RSGBTech has run very nicely for several years without them, we don't
want them to ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it is good
enough for Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee

Has Brian rejected you again.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2021 20:49, Radio Man wrote:
Jimmy Stewart wrote:
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining members.
Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be admitted.
RSGBTech has run very nicely for several years without them, we don't
want them to ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it is good
enough for Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee

Has Brian rejected you again.

You can't be rejected brian if you never applied .....

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Jimmy Stewart wrote:
https://groups.io/g/RSGBTechnical

Sadly, due to some recent "problems" we have had to vet joining members.
Most are welcome but known trouble makers will not be admitted.
RSGBTech has run very nicely for several years without them, we don't
want them to ruin it.If it is good enough for Pontins....it is good
enough for Radio man AKA brian reay...tee hee

Has Brian rejected you again.

Have you ???

has he....no...never had to ...