Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Monobloc tap tails

Easy job made hard. Tail spilt. So off the Screwfix - all theirs had a
compression fitting and I wanted one with a 1'2 inch BSP to screw onto a
Isolating Valve.
Tried Plumb Centre - same sort of stock

Amazon - success.

I really didn't want to faff about changing stuff behind the pedestal.

Why don't they make things more readily available to screw onto an
isolating valve?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/03/2021 16:46, JohnP wrote:
Easy job made hard. Tail spilt. So off the Screwfix - all theirs had a
compression fitting and I wanted one with a 1'2 inch BSP to screw onto a
Isolating Valve.
Tried Plumb Centre - same sort of stock

Amazon - success.

I really didn't want to faff about changing stuff behind the pedestal.

Why don't they make things more readily available to screw onto an
isolating valve?

I think most of the compression fittings use a BSP thread, so they can
be used, even if you need to add a female to female adapter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote in news:s1m9r2$d3c$2@dont-
email.me:

On 02/03/2021 16:46, JohnP wrote:
Easy job made hard. Tail spilt. So off the Screwfix - all theirs had a
compression fitting and I wanted one with a 1'2 inch BSP to screw onto a
Isolating Valve.
Tried Plumb Centre - same sort of stock

Amazon - success.

I really didn't want to faff about changing stuff behind the pedestal.

Why don't they make things more readily available to screw onto an
isolating valve?

I think most of the compression fittings use a BSP thread, so they can
be used, even if you need to add a female to female adapter.

The pipe lengths were suited to the tails - adding adaptors and stuff
behing the confines of a pedistal didn't appeal.

Hopefully what arrives today will be a match for what I removed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 02/03/2021 16:46, JohnP wrote:
Easy job made hard. Tail spilt. So off the Screwfix - all theirs had a
compression fitting and I wanted one with a 1'2 inch BSP to screw onto a
Isolating Valve.
Tried Plumb Centre - same sort of stock

Amazon - success.

Do you have a linky, please?

I really didn't want to faff about changing stuff behind the pedestal.

Why don't they make things more readily available to screw onto an
isolating valve?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote in :

On 02/03/2021 16:46, JohnP wrote:
Easy job made hard. Tail spilt. So off the Screwfix - all theirs had a
compression fitting and I wanted one with a 1'2 inch BSP to screw onto a
Isolating Valve.
Tried Plumb Centre - same sort of stock

Amazon - success.

Do you have a linky, please?

I really didn't want to faff about changing stuff behind the pedestal.

Why don't they make things more readily available to screw onto an
isolating valve?

https://tinyurl.com/yazsexyd

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 03/03/2021 17:11, JohnP wrote:
GB wrote in :

On 02/03/2021 16:46, JohnP wrote:
Easy job made hard. Tail spilt. So off the Screwfix - all theirs had a
compression fitting and I wanted one with a 1'2 inch BSP to screw onto a
Isolating Valve.
Tried Plumb Centre - same sort of stock

Amazon - success.

Do you have a linky, please?

I really didn't want to faff about changing stuff behind the pedestal.

Why don't they make things more readily available to screw onto an
isolating valve?

https://tinyurl.com/yazsexyd

Thanks, but sadly that seems to be a link to your order history, rather
than the item. You'll be pleased to know that Amazon doesn't show me
your order history.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote in :

On 02/03/2021 16:46, JohnP wrote:
Easy job made hard. Tail spilt. So off the Screwfix - all theirs had a
compression fitting and I wanted one with a 1'2 inch BSP to screw
onto a
Isolating Valve.
Tried Plumb Centre - same sort of stock

Amazon - success.

Do you have a linky, please?

I really didn't want to faff about changing stuff behind the pedestal.

Why don't they make things more readily available to screw onto an
isolating valve?

https://tinyurl.com/yazsexyd

Thanks, but sadly that seems to be a link to your order history, rather
than the item. You'll be pleased to know that Amazon doesn't show me
your order history.

https://www.bes.co.uk/flat-faced-str...-bsp-pm-23573/

It has a flat face on one end so it doesn't cut into the rubber washer
on a "standard" flexi connector end.

Also
https://www.amazon.co.uk/15mm-Faced-.../dp/B077GCVM3L

kitchen mixer flexi tails with female "tap connector" on non-tap end sm_jamieson UK diy 3 August 28th 12 12:14 AM
Monobloc tap tails F UK diy 15 August 9th 06 03:13 PM
removing and adding kitchen monobloc tap , does tap spanner exist? davy UK diy 7 July 21st 06 08:14 AM
Monobloc tap Kris UK diy 4 April 18th 04 11:40 AM
Monobloc tap fixing advice Kris UK diy 5 September 5th 03 07:06 PM