Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default JVC SMART ALEXA TV

Just noticed the remote for this is radio and not infra-red....are there
any substitutes about...pig only having one remote....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2021 08:21, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Just noticed the remote for this is radio and not infra-red....are there
any substitutes about...pig only having one remote....

BTW there have been loads of updates and the tv is working fine now with
none of the glitches I was having after buying it just before lockdown
in March 2020......hate computer driven TVs though....so slow and
clunky...but not bad for £260 .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes they are all a bit slow. I particularly notice it on the samsung voice.
Sometimes it will glitch for no good reason on trying to read a menu to me.
Its as if they have not got the time slicing quite right between the
operating system and the rest of the set.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jimmy Stewart ..." wrote in message
On 26/02/2021 08:21, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Just noticed the remote for this is radio and not infra-red....are there
any substitutes about...pig only having one remote....

BTW there have been loads of updates and the tv is working fine now with
none of the glitches I was having after buying it just before lockdown in
March 2020......hate computer driven TVs though....so slow and
clunky...but not bad for £260 .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2021 08:39, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes they are all a bit slow. I particularly notice it on the samsung voice.
Sometimes it will glitch for no good reason on trying to read a menu to me.
Its as if they have not got the time slicing quite right between the
operating system and the rest of the set.
Brian

hate bloody computers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 09:26:44 +0000, Jimmy Stewart
wrote:

On 26/02/2021 08:39, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes they are all a bit slow. I particularly notice it on the samsung voice.
Sometimes it will glitch for no good reason on trying to read a menu to me.
Its as if they have not got the time slicing quite right between the
operating system and the rest of the set.
Brian

hate bloody computers

So deleting your newsreader app / account would make you feel happier
as you would then have to use computers less.

Go on, you know it makes sense!

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 26/02/2021 08:39, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes they are all a bit slow. I particularly notice it on the samsung voice.
Sometimes it will glitch for no good reason on trying to read a menu to me.
Its as if they have not got the time slicing quite right between the
operating system and the rest of the set.
Brian

hate bloody computers

So deleting your newsreader app / account would make you feel happier
as you would then have to use computers less.

Go on, you know it makes sense!

Cheers, T i m

I deleted twitter and facebook and it made me happier......tried deletig
usnet many times but always came back as it is the best type of forum
going ......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 11:01:26 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

snip

hate bloody computers

So deleting your newsreader app / account would make you feel happier
as you would then have to use computers less.

Go on, you know it makes sense!

I deleted twitter and facebook and it made me happier.....

There you go ....

tried deletig
usnet many times

I'm not sure you would be allowed / able?

but always came back as it is the best type of forum
going ......

Yes, it certainly used to be. People used to respect each other and
the format, following the posting etiquette etc.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Just noticed the remote for this is radio and not infra-red....are there
any substitutes about...pig only having one remote....

How flexible is the USB port on the unit ?

You could fit a USB IR Blaster receiver.

But what would the TV make of it ?
The TV needs to recognize whatever pattern
is sent to it.

With a universal learning remote, you can
copy the pulse patterns into the remote. But
it copies an IR remote to an IR remote. It
would not be able to copy an RF remote to
an IR remote.

The fifth picture down on the sidebar, shows a cheap
item with too much functionality. You want just the
receiver portion.

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters.../dp/B014EDRH3G

This is just the receiver part.

https://www.amazon.com/Receiver-Infr.../dp/B07D4DFTVX

You still need a remote that sends IR light to
make this work, and the remote either needs
to be the right brand, or a universal remote
where you can (somehow) program it with a file
from the Internet.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

hate bloody computers

So deleting your newsreader app / account would make you feel happier
as you would then have to use computers less.

Go on, you know it makes sense!

I deleted twitter and facebook and it made me happier.....

There you go ....

tried deletig
usnet many times

I'm not sure you would be allowed / able?

but always came back as it is the best type of forum
going ......

Yes, it certainly used to be. People used to respect each other and
the format, following the posting etiquette etc.

Cheers, T i m

what a pain you are ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2021 14:11, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

Â*Â* Paul

I just want a hand held unit with buttons...remember I hate
computing.and computers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Yes they are all a bit slow. I particularly notice it on the samsung
voice. Sometimes it will glitch for no good reason on trying to
read a menu to me. Its as if they have not got the time slicing
quite right between the operating system and the rest of the set.

hate bloody computers

That why they always shaft you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 05:16:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2021 18:16, Rod Speed wrote:
Jimmy Stewart wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Yes they are all a bit slow. I particularly notice it on the samsung
voice. Sometimes it will glitch for no good reason on trying to read
a menu to me. Its as if they have not got the time slicing quite
right between the operating system and the rest of the set.

hate bloody computers

That why they always shaft you.

indeed

ALEXA Smart Plugs - More questions Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] UK diy 38 September 19th 20 05:25 PM
Alexa - Skill 'Smart Life' Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] UK diy 35 September 17th 20 11:07 PM
OT? Alexa and the parrot Oren[_2_] Home Repair 0 December 18th 18 06:47 PM
TOT Alexa dennis@home UK diy 0 July 3rd 18 06:05 PM
alexa in the shop Electric Comet Woodworking 59 May 29th 18 01:49 PM