Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default LED Lights - help anyone please?

I bought 4 of these for our kitchen:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0895H85RF

3 of them have failed, and Amazon have agreed that I should return the
lot, including the replacements I bought.

They are circular panels (36W 3240LM 4000K). In retrospect, they are a
bit too bright, so I'd settle for lower wattage. These ones allegedly
have a 20,000 hour lifespan.

Can anyone recommend some reliable lights that look similar, but
actually work, please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

I bought 4 of these for our kitchen:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0895H85RF

3 of them have failed, and Amazon have agreed that I should return the
lot, including the replacements I bought.

They are circular panels (36W 3240LM 4000K). In retrospect, they are a
bit too bright, so I'd settle for lower wattage. These ones allegedly
have a 20,000 hour lifespan.

Can anyone recommend some reliable lights that look similar, but
actually work, please?

I've bought a few of this type

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/recessed-LED/291235836793

not from this seller and I suppose with such commodity items from
ebay/aliexpress/amazon, there's no guarantee the same supplier supplies
the exact same items even a few weeks later, but they haven't broken
down ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 13:58, GB wrote:
I bought 4 of these for our kitchen:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0895H85RF

3 of them have failed, and Amazon have agreed that I should return the
lot, including the replacements I bought.

They are circular panels (36W 3240LM 4000K). In retrospect, they are a
bit too bright, so I'd settle for lower wattage. These ones allegedly
have a 20,000 hour lifespan.

Can anyone recommend some reliable lights that look similar, but
actually work, please

I use one of these to simulate daylight and stop me sleeping at night
time when I'm supposed to be eyes-on-stalks....

https://cpc.farnell.com/sylvania/432...00k/dp/LA07140

I think with these type of things, there will be a minimum of two
purchases per fitting per customer, for establishment of the right light
level, given that - how else do ye do it?

I previously installed the 18w version - which made the office paperwork
hard to read.

If some are not returned then the manufacturer profits must be huge!

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 13:58, GB wrote:
I bought 4 of these for our kitchen:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0895H85RF

3 of them have failed, and Amazon have agreed that I should return the
lot, including the replacements I bought.

They are circular panels (36W 3240LM 4000K). In retrospect, they are a
bit too bright, so I'd settle for lower wattage. These ones allegedly
have a 20,000 hour lifespan.

Can anyone recommend some reliable lights that look similar, but
actually work, please?

I hear lots of stories about panels failing, and so avoid any "special"
fitting.

That is the reason why I purchase fittings that take standard LED lamps
where the fittings will likely outlast the building they're in.

I shall be shortly installing somelights, these will use standard
fluorescent fittings to take standard LED tubes. If one fails I don't
have to change all the lamps in 5 years time for the sake of one to
ensure the batons matched.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Interesting sounds like Amazon got a dodgy batch.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
GB wrote:

I bought 4 of these for our kitchen:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0895H85RF

3 of them have failed, and Amazon have agreed that I should return the
lot, including the replacements I bought.

They are circular panels (36W 3240LM 4000K). In retrospect, they are a
bit too bright, so I'd settle for lower wattage. These ones allegedly
have a 20,000 hour lifespan.

Can anyone recommend some reliable lights that look similar, but actually
work, please?

I've bought a few of this type

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/recessed-LED/291235836793

not from this seller and I suppose with such commodity items from
ebay/aliexpress/amazon, there's no guarantee the same supplier supplies
the exact same items even a few weeks later, but they haven't broken down

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 22 February 2021 at 16:35:32 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Interesting sounds like Amazon got a dodgy batch.
Brian

This item isn't sold by Amazon, it's fulfilled by Amazon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 13:58, GB wrote:
I bought 4 of these for our kitchen:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0895H85RF

3 of them have failed, and Amazon have agreed that I should return the
lot, including the replacements I bought.

They are circular panels (36W 3240LM 4000K). In retrospect, they are a
bit too bright, so I'd settle for lower wattage. These ones allegedly
have a 20,000 hour lifespan.

Can anyone recommend some reliable lights that look similar, but
actually work, please?

I've had very good service from BLT Direct UK.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 22/02/2021, Fredxx supposed :
On 22/02/2021 13:58, GB wrote:
[...]

I bought two 18w versions a couple of years ago, I was so impressed
with the quality of light from them, I bought an extra two as
replacement spares. They are not the same fitting, but use the same
clip on connection and probably the same electronics. I have had no
failures at all.