Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I'm inoculated :-)

Telephone call yesterday morning. Can you be at surgery 3.45 this
afternoon for Covid inoculation.
I had to consider it for a nano second:-)
Arrived fifteen minutes early, sat in car killing time watching long
queue shuffle into front door in the rain.
Young man with clipboard taps on car window "are you here for Covid
inoculation?"
Yes
Follow me we are running ahead as folk haven't turned up.

He then leads me down the side of the surgery and into a fire door where
a nurse is waiting hypodermic in hand.

Seems the queue out front is for medication collection.

Now nursing sore arm!

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline

On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 14:43:25 +0000, Muddymike wrote:

Now nursing sore arm!

Advise given here was to 'take a couple of paracetamol when you get home
- whether you think you need them or not' and 'maybe the day after too if
the arm is stiff and achy'. AZOxford vaccine jab.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bev writes
On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 14:43:25 +0000, Muddymike wrote:

Now nursing sore arm!

Advise given here was to 'take a couple of paracetamol when you get home
- whether you think you need them or not' and 'maybe the day after too if
the arm is stiff and achy'. AZOxford vaccine jab.

Pfizer, two weeks ago tomorrow. No pills and no effects of any sort!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 15:06:52 +0000, Bev wrote:

On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 14:43:25 +0000, Muddymike wrote:

Now nursing sore arm!

Advise given here was to 'take a couple of paracetamol when you get home
- whether you think you need them or not' and 'maybe the day after too
if the arm is stiff and achy'. AZOxford vaccine jab.

More the shoulder than the arm for me - it went into the deltoid which
seems to be the recommended place! But then the arm already hurt as I've
pulled a muscle...

I was very tired for a day and a half, and had flu-like symptoms the day
after.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Telephone call yesterday morning. Can you be at surgery 3.45 this
afternoon for Covid inoculation.
I had to consider it for a nano second:-)
Arrived fifteen minutes early, sat in car killing time watching long
queue shuffle into front door in the rain.
Young man with clipboard taps on car window "are you here for Covid
inoculation?"
Yes
Follow me we are running ahead as folk haven't turned up.

He then leads me down the side of the surgery and into a fire door where
a nurse is waiting hypodermic in hand.

Seems the queue out front is for medication collection.

Now nursing sore arm!

I didn't even feel the injection (Pfizer) or have any reaction of any sort
at all.

--
*On the seventh day He brewed beer *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 16:54:44 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

snip

jagged then

Yes Jim, we have got it, we know you have a different language up
there (well, mainly you, most of the others prefer to appear 'normal'
to the rest of the world). ;-)

Sfunny as I bet you would be the first person to complain should
someone not speak English ...

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 16:58:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

I didn't even feel the injection (Pfizer) or have any reaction of any sort
at all.

Mrs said she didn't feel her injection and the area was only slightly
tender to the touch for a couple of days (AstraZenica).

That may not say much as she's in pain most the time (arthritus, needs
two new shoulders to go with the new knees). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 17:51, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 16:58:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

I didn't even feel the injection (Pfizer) or have any reaction of any sort
at all.

Mrs said she didn't feel her injection and the area was only slightly
tender to the touch for a couple of days (AstraZenica).

That may not say much as she's in pain most the time (arthritus, needs
two new shoulders to go with the new knees). ;-(

Given your diets that can only get worse:

https://www.thebridgechronicle.com/p...rthritis-34013

Have you suggested she should switch to a more balanced and natural diet?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 17:51, T i m wrote:

Mrs said she didn't feel her injection and the area was only slightly
tender to the touch for a couple of days (AstraZenica).

That may not say much as she's in pain most the time (arthritus, needs
two new shoulders to go with the new knees). ;-(

If your Mrs is suffering arthritic pain, I most strongly suggest that
she eliminates from her diet the well-known trigger foods from the
Solanaceae family. These include tomatoes (sometimes known as 'the evil
fruit'), potatoes, and bell and chilli peppers. I further suggest she
takes the maximum daily dose of flax-seed oil.

Such changes can bring benefits to arthritis sufferers in the form of
reduced or eliminated pain, and possibly better joint movement. Expect
to keep the elimination diet and supplementation going for at least
three months, and it may have to become permanent. When pain has reduced
or been eliminated, cautious re-introduction of one of the trigger foods
can be attempted; if pain reoccurs, then eliminate that food from the diet.

I have Heberden's Nodes in the base of my right thumb, and my jaw. The
last time I tested for potato sensitivity, I ate four potato chips (not
crisps). The result was that my jaw was reluctant to open and felt like
it was falling off. My thumb was so painful I couldn't use my right hand
to pick up anything. The pain and discomfort lasted seven days. Since
then I have ruthlessly eliminated potato from my diet, even as a minor
additive, and my thumb and jaw have performed as normal.

Your Mrs has nothing to lose, and a lot to gain, from trying an
elimination diet. I commend it to you both.

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 12:05:00 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

snip

Replying to T i m, I have minor arthritis in my hands, sufficiently
painful to warrant a paracetamol once or twice a day. But a few weeks
ago I succumbed to an advert for no-added-sugar pomegranate juice
(full of vitamin C, full of antioxidants etc, all that sort of stuff,
as if I wasn't getting enough of them anyway, which I almost certainly
am), just to see what it was like.

Ok.

Within a few days my arthritis was
much less painful, such that I no longer need the painkillers.

Interesting.

Of
course, the juice may have had nothing to do with it, and cranberry
juice may work just as well, I don't know, but I now have one or two
glasses of pomegranate juice each day.

We will check it out, thanks.

The bottom line was that she had cartilage issues in her knees at a
fairly early age, then they got worse over time to the point where she
couldn't bear it any longer and had them x-rayed. The consultant
wondered how she had even managed to walk in on them (and she walked
'normally', no sticks or strange gait etc) and said he's put her on
the list for replacements as soon as she was ready. She's had steroid
injections in her right shoulder 3 times, the first two making a big
difference and lasting a year or so and recently she's had them in
both shoulders, the right still not really helping but has help the
left (and we predict probably will do so again one more time).

She had an issue with her back and had (in no order), acupuncture,
physiotherapy, a surgical corset, traction, and even a faith healer,
none of which made the slightest difference (or if it did is was only
short lived). What *did* make a difference is the operation on her
spine to remove a small bony growth that was trapping her spinal cord
and hence giving her the pain (L3?).

The carpel tunnel and tennis elbow ops were also successful.

So I have a feeling that it's going to be one or two new shoulders as
all her aches and pains seem to be 'mechanical' things and have been
with her for a good while now.

She has some arthritis as well, mainly in her hands but she's not
really mentioned that since her shoulder started playing up. ;-(

Cheers, T I m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 15:31, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bev writes
On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 14:43:25 +0000, Muddymike wrote:

Now nursing sore arm!

Advise given here was to 'take a couple of paracetamol when you get home
- whether you think you need them or not' and 'maybe the day after too if
the arm is stiff and achy'.Â* AZOxford vaccine jab.

Pfizer, two weeks ago tomorrow. No pills and no effects of any sort!

When I got up in the middle of the night after the Pfizer vacination I
notice a slight ache in my arm. Nothing since. At the time I was given
a 4 page document which included details of possible effects and what to
do according to the severity.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2021 12:47, T i m wrote:
snip
So I have a feeling that it's going to be one or two new shoulders as
all her aches and pains seem to be 'mechanical' things and have been
with her for a good while now.

She has some arthritis as well, mainly in her hands but she's not
really mentioned that since her shoulder started playing up. ;-(

Turmeric tablets and CBD oil (proper stuff not hemp oil sold on Amazon)

Works almost instantly on dogs arthritis but it also worked for my mum
who had OE in both shoulders and knees.

Before she went into the care home she was diagnosed with Alzheimers and
her brain capacity was diminishing rapidly so I took her to the Dr and
told them I wanted her off all medication. No statins, no blood pressure
tablets (she was on 2 different ones), no "water works" tablets, no
codiene, no "that other one that reduces stomach ulcers" (as she
wouldn't be taking daily brufren)

We agreed Paracetamol and 1 of the BP tablets (which I later also
removed). Oh and she was on bupronorephine patches too which didn't
keep the shoulder pain away either so I weaned her off those and
replaced everything with CBD, Tumeric, and paracetamol 4 times daily.

Her mental capacity returned, improving on a weekly basis to the point
no-one would know she even had Alzheimners apart from a little short
term memory loss. OE pain was vastly reduced and on the occasional bad
days she had an extra CBD capsule.
Constant need for a wee was eradicated but in the end she had to go into
a care home as she couldn't negotiate the stairs at home amongst other
things, but the care home kept her off the prescription meds although
she had to revert back to cocodamol as and when she had pain because I
couldn't give/supply her CBD and turmeric (council care home would only
issue Doctor prescribed medication).

She's been in there a year last November and still bright although her
walking is much worse now.

I'd strongly suggest trying a "raw" CBD oil which has a broader spectrum
of constituent elements which get converted to regular CBD when it's
refined. Feedback from customers is generally that they find the raw
product more effective for the same dose.

Do a bit of independent research into both substances with regards to
arthritis. You'll not find anything much about CBD and Alzheimers and
I'm convinced the insistence of "profit science" artificially lowering
pensioners blood pressure with tablets is the single biggest
contribution to the rampant surge of old age dementia.
Mum is a registered nurse and before every old person had dementia the
rule of thumb for blood pressure was 100 + age so a BP of 180 was
perfect for an 80 year old; therefore pharma-science saying everyone
should have a BP of 130 regardless of age so bringing it down with
tablets must surely be depriving the brain of oxygen leading to cell
death... but that's just a theory, I can only go by the dramatic changes
I witnessed by removing all meds and replacing with 2 strong, natural
anti-inflamatory agents.

Right, that's that now recorded in the internet annals for 2021.

Cheers
Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2021 14:23, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 03/02/2021 12:47, T i m wrote:
snip
So I have a feeling that it's going to be one or two new shoulders as
all her aches and pains seem to be 'mechanical' things and have been
with her for a good while now.

She has some arthritis as well, mainly in her hands but she's not
really mentioned that since her shoulder started playing up. ;-(

Turmeric tablets and CBD oil (proper stuff not hemp oil sold on Amazon)

Turmeric (with black pepper) seems to have done some good with my
rheumatic knee but CBD from that well known high street retailer who
often has the 1p offer on the second product did nothing. I have since
been told that particular product is C**P from that retailer and is the
inferior product.

My aged mother who was taking too many Paracetamol tablets for pain due
to a broken (and replacement) shoulder and a broken leg gained relieve
from pain by substituting CBD oil for the Paracetamol. My brother gets
the supply on line but I don't know from where.

Before she went into the care home she was diagnosed with Alzheimers and
her brain capacity was diminishing rapidly so I took her to the Dr and
told them I wanted her off all medication. No statins, no blood pressure
tablets (she was on 2 different ones), no "water works" tablets, no
codiene, no "that other one that reduces stomach ulcers" (as she
wouldn't be taking daily brufren).

My mother was on a whole regime of different tablets but during one stay
in hospital the consultants came to the conclusion that possibly the
combination was wrong! They took her off all the tablets and then after
testing just put her back on a few. Some of the tablets she had been
taking for decades were considered unnecessary for someone of her age.
She has felt a LOT better since, the shortness of breath and the need to
pee a lot has gone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2021 12:05, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 20:02:23 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 02/02/2021 17:51, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 16:58:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

I didn't even feel the injection (Pfizer) or have any reaction of any sort
at all.

Mrs said she didn't feel her injection and the area was only slightly
tender to the touch for a couple of days (AstraZenica).

That may not say much as she's in pain most the time (arthritus, needs
two new shoulders to go with the new knees). ;-(

Given your diets that can only get worse:

https://www.thebridgechronicle.com/p...rthritis-34013

Have you suggested she should switch to a more balanced and natural diet?

Replying to T i m, I have minor arthritis in my hands, sufficiently
painful to warrant a paracetamol once or twice a day. But a few weeks
ago I succumbed to an advert for no-added-sugar pomegranate juice
(full of vitamin C, full of antioxidants etc, all that sort of stuff,
as if I wasn't getting enough of them anyway, which I almost certainly
am), just to see what it was like. Within a few days my arthritis was
much less painful, such that I no longer need the painkillers. Of
course, the juice may have had nothing to do with it, and cranberry
juice may work just as well, I don't know, but I now have one or two
glasses of pomegranate juice each day.

The mind is a strange thing. Many years ago I started developing
shoulder problems and eventually I succumbed to trying a magnetic
bracelet. The pain (which had become quite severe) reduced within hours
and had disappeared in a couple of days. As a physicist, I started as a
super skeptic, and ended up trying to work out possible mechanisms.

I'm starting to get arthritis myself, I'll pick up some pomegranate next
time I shop.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 14:23:43 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

On 03/02/2021 12:47, T i m wrote:
snip
So I have a feeling that it's going to be one or two new shoulders as
all her aches and pains seem to be 'mechanical' things and have been
with her for a good while now.

She has some arthritis as well, mainly in her hands but she's not
really mentioned that since her shoulder started playing up. ;-(

Turmeric tablets

Ok

and CBD oil (proper stuff not hemp oil sold on Amazon)

Can you buy it legitimately?

Works almost instantly on dogs arthritis but it also worked for my mum
who had OE in both shoulders and knees.

Oh, that would be an interesting experiment then.

Before she went into the care home she was diagnosed with Alzheimers and
her brain capacity was diminishing rapidly so I took her to the Dr and
told them I wanted her off all medication. No statins, no blood pressure
tablets (she was on 2 different ones), no "water works" tablets, no
codiene, no "that other one that reduces stomach ulcers" (as she
wouldn't be taking daily brufren)

The Mrs is only on Paracetamol, as / when etc (but often at least
twice a day).

We agreed Paracetamol and 1 of the BP tablets (which I later also
removed). Oh and she was on bupronorephine patches too which didn't
keep the shoulder pain away either so I weaned her off those and
replaced everything with CBD, Tumeric, and paracetamol 4 times daily.

Ok ...

Her mental capacity returned, improving on a weekly basis to the point
no-one would know she even had Alzheimners apart from a little short
term memory loss.

That's good then.

OE pain was vastly reduced and on the occasional bad
days she had an extra CBD capsule.

Ok.

Constant need for a wee was eradicated but in the end she had to go into
a care home as she couldn't negotiate the stairs at home amongst other
things, but the care home kept her off the prescription meds although
she had to revert back to cocodamol as and when she had pain because I
couldn't give/supply her CBD and turmeric (council care home would only
issue Doctor prescribed medication).

;-(

She's been in there a year last November and still bright although her
walking is much worse now.

Being good of mind goes a long way if mobility isn't so good though.

I'd strongly suggest trying a "raw" CBD oil which has a broader spectrum
of constituent elements which get converted to regular CBD when it's
refined. Feedback from customers is generally that they find the raw
product more effective for the same dose.

Ok.

Do a bit of independent research into both substances with regards to
arthritis. You'll not find anything much about CBD and Alzheimers and
I'm convinced the insistence of "profit science" artificially lowering
pensioners blood pressure with tablets is the single biggest
contribution to the rampant surge of old age dementia.

I guess it's one of those things where the truth will reveal itself in
time.

Mum is a registered nurse and before every old person had dementia the
rule of thumb for blood pressure was 100 + age so a BP of 180 was
perfect for an 80 year old; therefore pharma-science saying everyone
should have a BP of 130 regardless of age so bringing it down with
tablets must surely be depriving the brain of oxygen leading to cell
death... but that's just a theory,

It could be a very valid one.

I can only go by the dramatic changes
I witnessed by removing all meds and replacing with 2 strong, natural
anti-inflamatory agents.

And unlikely to be a placebo effect, given her initial mental state?

Right, that's that now recorded in the internet annals for 2021.

;-)

I only take a low dose amlodipine (I stopped taking the statins as I
belive there is a link to high cholesterol with homogenised cows milk
and I have been off dairy for 5 years now) so I might re-check my
blood pressure and come off them as well (for the reasons you
suggest).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 15:36:36 +0000, newshound
wrote:
snip

The mind is a strange thing.

It is indeed.

Many years ago I started developing
shoulder problems and eventually I succumbed to trying a magnetic
bracelet.

I had one stuck inside my watch strap that was supposed to align
something (blood vessels?) but can't remember if it made any
difference to anything (other than my wallet ... I tried it because I
saw it at a show and thought I'd give it a go). ;-)

The pain (which had become quite severe) reduced within hours
and had disappeared in a couple of days.

Oooerr!

As a physicist, I started as a
super skeptic, and ended up trying to work out possible mechanisms.

I bet.

I'm starting to get arthritis myself, I'll pick up some pomegranate next
time I shop.

Same here ... if there are still shops out there?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2021 15:45, T i m wrote:
snip
and CBD oil (proper stuff not hemp oil sold on Amazon)

Can you buy it legitimately?

You can indeed.
The legality of the product is that is mustn't contain more than 0.2%
THC per "product" in other words 2 identical products, one in a 10ml
dropper bottle with 0.2% THC is fine but a 30ml bottle would then be
0.6% THC and technically against legislation for the producer, not that
many manufacturers bother with that.

We only started buying it and keeping it in stock when I started giving
it to my mother. Manufacturers trick the consumer with stating
percentage of "extract" v CBD percentage etc.

I'd suggest starting with a 5% CBD
Look for something along the lines of "5% Raw Full Spectrum 500mg"
typical price would be around £30 for a 10ml pot.

I believe Amazon and possibly e-bay banned the sale of proper CBD
supplements for some reason but they're perfectly legal to buy, sell and
consume in the UK. It's THC that is the illegal part.

snip
I can only go by the dramatic changes
I witnessed by removing all meds and replacing with 2 strong, natural
anti-inflamatory agents.

And unlikely to be a placebo effect, given her initial mental state?

Exactly. She didn't have a clue what I was giving her, I just opened her
dosset box every monday and re-loaded it with my alternative supplies.

My partner that is very skeptical of everything "alternative" couldn't
deny the changes either and she went from thinking it was a placebo
effect to telling customers about the changes.

I only take a low dose amlodipine (I stopped taking the statins as I
belive there is a link to high cholesterol with homogenised cows milk
and I have been off dairy for 5 years now) so I might re-check my
blood pressure and come off them as well (for the reasons you
suggest).

Perfect. Nature knows exactly what we need and adjusts things
accordingly. pharma-science simply brings out new guidelines to sell as
much as possible and almost always the side effects of one drug require
another to mask the side effects and so on.

Just going back to the Bloodpressure, if you think about it further, as
the heart (muscle) gets weaker with age and pumps a lower volume the
arteries need to constrict to get that lower volume to the extremities
hence higher blood pressure is essential.

Simple physics, basic biology and a logical mind.

Cheers
Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2021 15:11, alan_m wrote:
On 03/02/2021 14:23, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Turmeric (with black pepper) seems to have done some good with my
rheumatic knee but CBD from that well known high street retailer who
often has the 1p offer on the second product did nothing. I have since
been told that particular product is C**P from that retailer and is the
inferior product.

I've forgotten the brand H&B sell but if they can do 50% discount it's
fairly safe to say the product is going to be somewhat lacking in
certain areas.

My aged mother who was taking too many Paracetamol tablets for pain due
to a broken (and replacement) shoulder and a broken leg gained relieve
from pain by substituting CBD oil for the Paracetamol. My brother gets
the supply on line but I don't know from where.

There are loads of suppliers now.
Generally the strength goes up along with the price so a good quality 5%
will be half the price of the same brand/product in a 10% and so on.

My mother was on a whole regime of different tablets but during one stay
in hospital the consultants came to the conclusion that possibly the
combination was wrong!Â* They took her off all the tablets and then after
testing just put her back on a few.Â* Some of the tablets she had been
taking for decades were considered unnecessary for someone of her age.
She has felt a LOT better since, the shortness of breath and the need to
pee a lot has gone.

Doctors never seem to look at what patients are currently taking only
what else they need to take to combat new symptoms.
Glad dropping the meds made life easier for your Mum.
I checked my Mums blood pressure every week when taking her off BP
tablets and as long as it was within the limits she was familiar with
when she was in nursing we were both happy to keep removing them from
the schedule.

Cheers
Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 16:38:47 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

On 03 Feb 2021 at 16:21:38 GMT, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

On 03/02/2021 15:45, T i m wrote:
snip
and CBD oil (proper stuff not hemp oil sold on Amazon)

Can you buy it legitimately?

You can indeed.
The legality of the product is that is mustn't contain more than 0.2%
THC per "product" in other words 2 identical products, one in a 10ml
dropper bottle with 0.2% THC is fine but a 30ml bottle would then be
0.6% THC and technically against legislation for the producer, not that
many manufacturers bother with that.

You'll have to explain why making the bottle bigger changes the
proportion of THC.

Surely it is obvious?

2 * 350 ml bottles of 12% alcohol red wine turn into 24% alcohol red wine
if poured into the same jug.

OK.

OK.

Getting my coat as we speak.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 17:45:22 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

When SWMBO was taking interferon, there was a well known side effect of
"flu like symptoms" for 24 hours after the weekly jab.

Pre internet, someone somewhere mentioned that *fresh* pineapple seemed
to prevent this.

We duly tried it, and it did. For the next 7 years ...

Bromelaids seem to be the key.

However, once it worked, SWMBO was reluctant to stop and see if the side
effects returned ....

Problem is that pineapple seems to interfere with a lot of medications.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2021 15:43, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 15:36:36 +0000, newshound wrote:

I'm starting to get arthritis myself, I'll pick up some pomegranate next
time I shop.

The nocebo effect is particularly weird.

Inside Health from 12/jan/21 had something to say on that

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000r3pl
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2021 17:45, Jethro_uk wrote:
When SWMBO was taking interferon, there was a well known side effect of
"flu like symptoms" for 24 hours after the weekly jab.

Pre internet, someone somewhere mentioned that *fresh* pineapple seemed
to prevent this.

We duly tried it, and it did. For the next 7 years ...

Bromelaids seem to be the key.

However, once it worked, SWMBO was reluctant to stop and see if the side
effects returned ....

Papain and Bromelin have been used in blood group serology and
immunohaematology for decades.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Jethro_uk
writes
On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 18:15:48 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 17:45:22 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

When SWMBO was taking interferon, there was a well known side effect of
"flu like symptoms" for 24 hours after the weekly jab.

Pre internet, someone somewhere mentioned that *fresh* pineapple seemed
to prevent this.

We duly tried it, and it did. For the next 7 years ...

Bromelaids seem to be the key.

However, once it worked, SWMBO was reluctant to stop and see if the
side effects returned ....

Problem is that pineapple seems to interfere with a lot of medications.

Indeed ...

I take a daily statin - and the instructions say 'no grapefruit'.
--
Ian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2021 13:06, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Jethro_uk
writes
On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 18:15:48 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 17:45:22 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

When SWMBO was taking interferon, there was a well known side effect of
"flu like symptoms" for 24 hours after the weekly jab.

Pre internet, someone somewhere mentioned that *fresh* pineapple seemed
to prevent this.

We duly tried it, and it did. For the next 7 years ...

Bromelaids seem to be the key.

However, once it worked, SWMBO was reluctant to stop and see if the
side effects returned ....

Problem is that pineapple seems to interfere with a lot of medications.

Indeed ...

I take a daily statin - and the instructions say 'no grapefruit'.

What's a grapefruit ?. Haven't seen those in my local Tesco and
Sainsbury for years. They don't even have fresh grapefruit juice,
just the 1 litre tetrapak of 'made from concentrate' stuff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 13:06:59 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

In message , Jethro_uk
writes
On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 18:15:48 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 17:45:22 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

When SWMBO was taking interferon, there was a well known side effect
of "flu like symptoms" for 24 hours after the weekly jab.

Pre internet, someone somewhere mentioned that *fresh* pineapple
seemed to prevent this.

We duly tried it, and it did. For the next 7 years ...

Bromelaids seem to be the key.

However, once it worked, SWMBO was reluctant to stop and see if the
side effects returned ....

Problem is that pineapple seems to interfere with a lot of
medications.

Indeed ...

I take a daily statin - and the instructions say 'no grapefruit'.

That's just one of my medications that say that!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2021 18:15, David wrote:
On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 16:38:47 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

The legality of the product is that is mustn't contain more than 0.2%
THC per "product" in other words 2 identical products, one in a 10ml
dropper bottle with 0.2% THC is fine but a 30ml bottle would then be
0.6% THC and technically against legislation for the producer, not that
many manufacturers bother with that.

You'll have to explain why making the bottle bigger changes the
proportion of THC.

Apologies for the confusion,
It's been a few years since this affected the products we were getting.

It's a maximum of 0.2% THC with the additional limit of 0.1mg THC per
product so for example a product containing 0.1mg THC in a 10ml bottle
of 0.2% THC would contain 0.3mg THC in a 30ml bottle still within the
0.2% THC allowance but would be in contravention to current
manufacturing legislation by exceeding the upper limit of THC contained
in a single product.

There is no limitation on how many "products" you can purchase at the
same time or indeed sell to the same consumer so a bit of a pointless
restriction really.

We have a product containing pure ground cannabis sativa "flower" which
used to be sold in pots of 28 capsules but they had to be reduced to
pots of 15 capsules to come in under the 0.2mg THC per product.

All completely pointless though because CBD counteracts the effects of
THC anyway so there's no way you could get a THC high no matter how much
CBD product was consumed.

Hope that clears things up.
Cheers
Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike used his keyboard to write :
Telephone call yesterday morning. Can you be at surgery 3.45 this afternoon
for Covid inoculation.
I had to consider it for a nano second:-)
Arrived fifteen minutes early, sat in car killing time watching long queue
shuffle into front door in the rain.
Young man with clipboard taps on car window "are you here for Covid
inoculation?"
Yes
Follow me we are running ahead as folk haven't turned up.

I had mine too, today at my local surgery, next village. I arrived 40
minutes early, but they whistled me straight in to join the short queue
lining up for it. Its seems they were just ahead with the processing.

I was supposed to be after lunch, they were still working on the before
lunch batches, so had to fetch the afternoon batch paperwork down from
the office. Other afternoon patients were called in, to help fill the
time.

I had a pre-existing sore right shoulder, so thinking I didn't want two
sore arms, I elected to have it in the right. Whoosh and done. I barely
felt it going in. Then a sticky label stuck on me, with the time marked
on it for 15 minutes after the injection. Kept in the waiting room,
until my time was up, with regular checks on me to ensure I was OK. One
of them seemed to have some sort of slightly bad reaction. I had the
Pfizer jab/jag, which came with a list of possible side-effects and
likelyhood of each one.

The muscle is only very slightly tender, this evening - other than
that, so far nothing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I arrived 40 minutes early

Didn't they ask/tell you not to do that? For my flu jab they made it
clear not to arrive early, in order to reduce queueing and therefore
proximity with others.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

For my flu jab they made it clear not to arrive early

Difficult to be precise when you are going to a distant town centre
you've never been to before and can't judge the time to get from a
car park to the front door.

Admittedly flu jab was at local surgery, so most people were on foot.
They are doing AstraZeneca jabs there, but not Pfizer jabs due to storage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I arrived 40 minutes early

Didn't they ask/tell you not to do that? For my flu jab they made it
clear not to arrive early, in order to reduce queueing and therefore
proximity with others.

Trouble is: if you have a longish journey, you can't always predict the
amount of time it will take.. Google Earth told me my journey would take 40
minutes; not having done that particular journey for 20 years, I allowed an
extra 10, but it actually only took 30 minutes. no problem - go straight
in. No queue.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I arrived 40 minutes early

Didn't they ask/tell you not to do that? For my flu jab they made it
clear not to arrive early, in order to reduce queueing and therefore
proximity with others.

If a large centre with big car park, you can get there in plenty time (as
most would be programmed to do) and wait in the car till the appointed
time.

--
*If they arrest the Energizer Bunny, would they charge it with battery? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I arrived 40 minutes early

Didn't they ask/tell you not to do that? For my flu jab they made it
clear not to arrive early, in order to reduce queueing and therefore
proximity with others.

If a large centre with big car park, you can get there in plenty time (as
most would be programmed to do) and wait in the car till the appointed
time.

When I got the call about my appointment (tomorrow at noon), the
instructions were to arrive early, and wait in the car to be checked in
and complete paperwork.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
S Viemeister wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I arrived 40 minutes early

Didn't they ask/tell you not to do that? For my flu jab they made it
clear not to arrive early, in order to reduce queueing and therefore
proximity with others.

If a large centre with big car park, you can get there in plenty time (as
most would be programmed to do) and wait in the car till the appointed
time.

When I got the call about my appointment (tomorrow at noon), the
instructions were to arrive early, and wait in the car to be checked in
and complete paperwork.

Yes - the sensible thing to do. Pal who went to a local surgery a couple
of weeks ago said the queue was round the block. All old people, often
with carers, etc, and it was cold and raining. Difficult to get through to
some not to come early.

--
*Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire *