Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default I'm inoculated :-)

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 12:05:00 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

snip

Replying to T i m, I have minor arthritis in my hands, sufficiently
painful to warrant a paracetamol once or twice a day. But a few weeks
ago I succumbed to an advert for no-added-sugar pomegranate juice
(full of vitamin C, full of antioxidants etc, all that sort of stuff,
as if I wasn't getting enough of them anyway, which I almost certainly
am), just to see what it was like.

Ok.

Within a few days my arthritis was
much less painful, such that I no longer need the painkillers.

Interesting.

Of
course, the juice may have had nothing to do with it, and cranberry
juice may work just as well, I don't know, but I now have one or two
glasses of pomegranate juice each day.

We will check it out, thanks.

The bottom line was that she had cartilage issues in her knees at a
fairly early age, then they got worse over time to the point where she
couldn't bear it any longer and had them x-rayed. The consultant
wondered how she had even managed to walk in on them (and she walked
'normally', no sticks or strange gait etc) and said he's put her on
the list for replacements as soon as she was ready. She's had steroid
injections in her right shoulder 3 times, the first two making a big
difference and lasting a year or so and recently she's had them in
both shoulders, the right still not really helping but has help the
left (and we predict probably will do so again one more time).

She had an issue with her back and had (in no order), acupuncture,
physiotherapy, a surgical corset, traction, and even a faith healer,
none of which made the slightest difference (or if it did is was only
short lived). What *did* make a difference is the operation on her
spine to remove a small bony growth that was trapping her spinal cord
and hence giving her the pain (L3?).

The carpel tunnel and tennis elbow ops were also successful.

So I have a feeling that it's going to be one or two new shoulders as
all her aches and pains seem to be 'mechanical' things and have been
with her for a good while now.

She has some arthritis as well, mainly in her hands but she's not
really mentioned that since her shoulder started playing up. ;-(

Cheers, T I m