Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cleaning a fridge (sodium bicarbonate)

Years ago I was told that baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) should be
used to clean a fridge, rather than detergent. Is there any basis for
this and for what reason?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/01/2021 19:51, Scott wrote:
Years ago I was told that baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) should be
used to clean a fridge, rather than detergent. Is there any basis for
this and for what reason?

Detergent generally has scent added - not a good idea around food. Also
baking soda is very slightly abrasive, and cleans crud off without
damaging the lining of the fridge.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott wrote

Years ago I was told that baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
should be used to clean a fridge, rather than detergent.
Is there any basis for this

Yes, it avoids introducing any smells.

and for what reason?

See above.

I put the shelves in the dishwasher and used
detergent on the stuff that isnt removable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 07:53:50 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

My fridge handbook said to ujust use diluted washing up liquid , soI imagine
it is based on looking after the plastic and not getting loads of water
where it should not be.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please