Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Revitalise windscreen wipers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHNfB5INkg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHNfB5INkg

Can't say I get streaking. But then I dont live in a badly polluted major
city.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/12/2020 16:28, harry wrote:

That reminds me of the problem I had with the driver's side wiper on my
mk 1 Escort: it lifted off the screen at anything above about 40 mph.
First of all I fitted a set of metallised plastic fins to the arms which
worked all right. Then I took the fins off and just swapped the wiper
arms over: The spring on the driver's side was weak, but the geometry
meant that the passenger side needed less force, so they both worked all
right then.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 04:20:04 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Can't say I get streaking. But then I donąt live in a badly polluted major
city.

WHO the **** asked you whether you get streaking or where you live, senile
Ozzie pest?

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 29/12/2020 16:28, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHNfB5INkg

TMH would be proud

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/12/2020 16:28, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHNfB5INkg

So its official
WD40 is the opposite of a lubricant - its a de-greaser.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/12/2020 21:15, alan_m wrote:
On 29/12/2020 16:28, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHNfB5INkg

So its official
WD40 is the opposite of a lubricant - its a de-greaser.

Not opposite, it's both lube and solvent degreaser.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pancho wrote:

On 29/12/2020 21:15, alan_m wrote:
On 29/12/2020 16:28, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHNfB5INkg

So its official
WD40 is the opposite of a lubricant - its a de-greaser.

Not opposite, it's both lube and solvent degreaser.

ITYF that WD-40 was originally designed to be a water displacer,
hence ~WD~ .

--
^Ï^ https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 22:43:19 +0000, (Sn!pe) wrote:

Pancho wrote:

On 29/12/2020 21:15, alan_m wrote:
On 29/12/2020 16:28, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHNfB5INkg

So its official
WD40 is the opposite of a lubricant - its a de-greaser.

Not opposite, it's both lube and solvent degreaser.

ITYF that WD-40 was originally designed to be a water displacer,
hence ~WD~ .

But only after 39 unsuccessful attempts.

ISTR it being very useful on old distributor caps and spark plug leads
when they got wet.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Pancho wrote:

On 29/12/2020 21:15, alan_m wrote:
On 29/12/2020 16:28, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHNfB5INkg

So its official
WD40 is the opposite of a lubricant - its a de-greaser.

Not opposite, it's both lube and solvent degreaser.

ITYF that WD-40 was originally designed to be a water displacer,
hence ~WD~ .

But only after 39 unsuccessful attempts.

ISTR it being very useful on old distributor caps and spark plug leads
when they got wet.

+1

I remember those days.

HNY

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pancho wrote:

On 29/12/2020 21:15, alan_m wrote:
On 29/12/2020 16:28, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daHNfB5INkg

So its official
WD40 is the opposite of a lubricant - its a de-greaser.

Not opposite, it's both lube and solvent degreaser.

ITYF that WD-40 was originally designed to be a water displacer,
hence ~WD~ .

But only after 39 unsuccessful attempts.

ISTR it being very useful on old distributor caps and spark plug leads
when they got wet.

+1

I remember those days.

I try hard to forget them