Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone used glue that hardens via UV light such as Bondic?

I've read reviews on Amazon that sound distinctly variable plus there's a query about the UV light and needing eye protection?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2020 22:18, Murmansk wrote:
I've read reviews on Amazon that sound distinctly variable plus there's a query about the UV light and needing eye protection?

Dentists use eye protection when using UV filler.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2020 22:18, Murmansk wrote:
I've read reviews on Amazon that sound distinctly variable plus there's a query about the UV light and needing eye protection?

dentist used to do it all the time with no eye protection....that was
when we could go to the dentist

--
Brexit doesn't mean Brexit
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 27 December 2020 at 08:17:06 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/12/2020 22:18, Murmansk wrote:
I've read reviews on Amazon that sound distinctly variable plus there's a query about the UV light and needing eye protection?

dentist used to do it all the time with no eye protection....that was
when we could go to the dentist

--
Brexit doesn't mean Brexit

The dental materials use blue light, not UV and have been doing so for decades.
I have one of the light sources from the 1980s. It is a 150W halogen projector lamp
with a blue filter shining down an optical fibre bundle.
Newer ones use blue LEDs.
John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/12/2020 12:45, John Walliker wrote:
On Sunday, 27 December 2020 at 08:17:06 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/12/2020 22:18, Murmansk wrote:
I've read reviews on Amazon that sound distinctly variable plus there's a query about the UV light and needing eye protection?

dentist used to do it all the time with no eye protection....that was
when we could go to the dentist

--
Brexit doesn't mean Brexit

The dental materials use blue light, not UV and have been doing so for decades.
I have one of the light sources from the 1980s. It is a 150W halogen projector lamp
with a blue filter shining down an optical fibre bundle.
Newer ones use blue LEDs.
John

My dentist definitely uses UV.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 28 December 2020 at 06:13:10 UTC, wrote:

The dental materials use blue light, not UV and have been doing so for decades.
I have one of the light sources from the 1980s. It is a 150W halogen projector lamp
with a blue filter shining down an optical fibre bundle.
Newer ones use blue LEDs.
John

My dentist definitely uses UV.

Bill

There were some UV curing lights produced a long time ago, but I would be
surprised if they were still in use. What makes you so sure that your dentist
is really using UV. As far as I know all the resins now being made are designed
to be cured with blue light (although UV would almost certainly work too).

John