Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default As I have just finished work - may I say

Happy Christmas to everyone.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

And to you too, Adam.

Let's think positive and look forward to "Tier 0" all over the country
in the new year!

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

Yes you may.
And a Happy Christmas to you and yours!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jeff Layman wrote:

ARW wrote:

Happy Christmas to everyone.

And from me ...

And to you too, Adam.

Let's think positive and look forward to "Tier 0" all over the country
in the new year!

After tomorrow there'll only be ~2000 people in tier 1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
Happy Christmas to everyone.-- Adam

Thanks Adam

You may and I would like to echo the sentiment and hope that all
of the contributors here have a happy and safe/healthy Christmas
whatever that might mean this year.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

n Thu, 24 Dec 2020 15:31:23 +0000
ARW wrote:

Happy Christmas to everyone.

And to you and all participants here.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

And to you - with added thanks for the fact that you continued to work
when so many did not. Despite the best efforts of Covid-19, there are
still rather a lot of retired wrinklies (waves) relying on the likes
of you. Doubly so if you pay tax

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
Happy Christmas to everyone.

The immediate question that springs to mind is... have you finished
wrapping suitable gifts for your apprentices?

Happy Christmas ARW

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 24/12/2020 17:18, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
Happy Christmas to everyone.

The immediate question that springs to mind is... have you finished
wrapping suitable gifts for your apprentices?

Yes.

Written warnings.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 24/12/2020 17:35, ARW wrote:
On 24/12/2020 17:18, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
Happy Christmas to everyone.

The immediate question that springs to mind is... have you finished
wrapping suitable gifts for your apprentices?

Yes.

Written warnings.

Have a good Christmas. As a special gift, I hope you get some little
apprentice dolls that you could stick pins into. It won't make any
difference to the apprentices, but it may make you feel better.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 24/12/2020 17:38, GB wrote:
On 24/12/2020 17:35, ARW wrote:
On 24/12/2020 17:18, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
Happy Christmas to everyone.

The immediate question that springs to mind is... have you finished
wrapping suitable gifts for your apprentices?

Yes.

Written warnings.

Have a good Christmas. As a special gift, I hope you get some little
apprentice dolls that you could stick pins into. It won't make any
difference to the apprentices, but it may make you feel better.

Why bother with voodoo dolls when you can stab them in real life with a
screwdriver?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 17:54, ARW wrote:
On 24/12/2020 17:38, GB wrote:

Have a good Christmas. As a special gift, I hope you get some little
apprentice dolls that you could stick pins into. It won't make any
difference to the apprentices, but it may make you feel better.

Why bother with voodoo dolls when you can stab them in real life with a
screwdriver?

Because poking pins into voodoo dolls won't get you arrested?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Especially those whose central heating, or other vital service has just
today packed up.
Good luck finding anyone to fix it without a remortgage of the house
first.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
Happy Christmas to everyone.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

And to you too, Adam.

Let's think positive and look forward to "Tier 0" all over the country in
the new year!

Cant see that happening any time soon given that it isnt
even clear if the current vaccines stop transmission.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

And to you too, Adam.

Let's think positive and look forward to "Tier 0" all over the country
in the new year!

Cant see that happening any time soon given that it isnt
even clear if the current vaccines stop transmission.

Once everyone (who wants to be) is vaccinated, it doesn't matter whether
the vaccine is still being transmitted, surely? Or, is that unkind to
anti-vaxxers?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 24/12/2020, Fred supposed :
Cant see that happening any time soon given that it isnt
even clear if the current vaccines stop transmission.

Transmission will not really matter, if everyone has had the
vaccination in the UK. I have little sympathy with those who refuse to
have it, then suffer the consequences.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

And to you too, Adam.

Let's think positive and look forward to "Tier 0" all over the country
in the new year!

Cant see that happening any time soon given that it isnt
even clear if the current vaccines stop transmission.

Once everyone (who wants to be) is vaccinated,

That isnt going to happen and it isnt clear yet how long its effect lasts.

it doesn't matter whether the vaccine is still being transmitted, surely?

Its more complicated than that

Or, is that unkind to anti-vaxxers?

Cant see them getting vaccinated even if the vaccine does prevent infection.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
on 24/12/2020, Fred supposed :
Cant see that happening any time soon given that it isnt
even clear if the current vaccines stop transmission.

Transmission will not really matter, if everyone has had the vaccination
in the UK.

That's never going to happen.

I have little sympathy with those who refuse to have it, then suffer the
consequences.

But some cant be vaccinated for medical reasons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fred" wrote in message

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
on 24/12/2020, Fred supposed :
Cant see that happening any time soon given that it isnt
even clear if the current vaccines stop transmission.

Transmission will not really matter, if everyone has had the vaccination
in the UK.

That's never going to happen.

I have little sympathy with those who refuse to have it, then suffer the
consequences.

But some cant be vaccinated for medical reasons.

And given that its so easy for some to isolate, and none of the
vaccines have been used by enough to be sure that there arent
some unusual bad effects with some people, it wouldn't be
surprising if some play safe and not get vaccinated next year.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote:

it wouldn't be
surprising if some play safe and not get vaccinated next year.

That's their decision, so long as they don't call for lockdowns and
furlough to continue because they're still at risk ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) presented the following explanation :
Especially those whose central heating, or other vital service has just today
packed up.
Good luck finding anyone to fix it without a remortgage of the house first.

I keep an engineer on permanent standby for all such issues - ME!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred submitted this idea :
That's never going to happen.

I have little sympathy with those who refuse to have it, then suffer the
consequences.

But some cant be vaccinated for medical reasons.

All it needs, is enough vaccinated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns submitted this idea :
That's their decision, so long as they don't call for lockdowns and furlough
to continue because they're still at risk ...

+1 - They can go into lockdown, without pulling everyone else into it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

except the bloke who put a nail in coke bottle top
under your tyre !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 16:20, Andy Burns wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

ARW wrote:

Happy Christmas to everyone.

And from me ...

And to you too, Adam.

Let's think positive and look forward to "Tier 0" all over the country
in the new year!

After tomorrow there'll only be ~2000 people in tier 1

That's the Harrods january sale well and truly fecked then !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 17:35, ARW wrote:
On 24/12/2020 17:18, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
Happy Christmas to everyone.

The immediate question that springs to mind is... have you finished
wrapping suitable gifts for your apprentices?

Yes.

Written warnings.

Can they read though ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 19:35, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Fred submitted this idea :
That's never going to happen.

I have little sympathy with those who refuse to have it, then suffer
the consequences.

But some cant be vaccinated for medical reasons.

All it needs, is enough vaccinated.

So why are they starting with the ones who should be last
in thr queue ?. Its the 11 to 40 yo's who are spreading it
so vaccinate them before anyone else.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 16:03:56 +0000, Richard
wrote:

On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

Yes you may.
And a Happy Christmas to you and yours!

I concur.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Fred submitted this idea :
That's never going to happen.

I have little sympathy with those who refuse to have it, then suffer the
consequences.

But some cant be vaccinated for medical reasons.

All it needs, is enough vaccinated.

That's only true if the vaccine does prevent infection
for long enough and that isnt known yet. That's one
big advantage with the current big surge in infections,
that question should become clearer quite soon now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 24/12/2020 19:35, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Fred submitted this idea :
That's never going to happen.

I have little sympathy with those who refuse to have it, then suffer
the consequences.

But some cant be vaccinated for medical reasons.

All it needs, is enough vaccinated.

So why are they starting with the ones who should be last
in thr queue ?.

They arent. The one thing that is known for sure is that the current
vaccines do prevent severe disease in the most vulnerable to the disease

Its the 11 to 40 yo's who are spreading it
so vaccinate them before anyone else.

But it isnt known if the current vaccines do prevent infection.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew pretended :
So why are they starting with the ones who should be last
in thr queue ?. Its the 11 to 40 yo's who are spreading it
so vaccinate them before anyone else.

The 11 to 40's don't generally suffer so much, but do spread it to the
most vulnerable - so the protect the more vulnerable first, along with
their careers and the NHS staff.

The vaccine does not stop the spread, but deals with the effect of
being contaminated. Once most have had the vaccine, only those who have
refused it will suffer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Andrew pretended :
So why are they starting with the ones who should be last
in thr queue ?. Its the 11 to 40 yo's who are spreading it
so vaccinate them before anyone else.

The 11 to 40's don't generally suffer so much, but do spread it to the
most vulnerable - so the protect the more vulnerable first, along with
their careers and the NHS staff.

The vaccine does not stop the spread,

That isnt known yet.

but deals with the effect of being contaminated.

That is known.

Once most have had the vaccine, only those who have refused it will
suffer.

Not those who avoid getting infected and that isnt hard to do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred brought next idea :
The vaccine does not stop the spread,

That isnt known yet.

Not for certain, but there have been several suggestions that it
doesn't.

Once most have had the vaccine, only those who have refused it will suffer.

Not those who avoid getting infected and that isnt hard to do.

Obviously it is, with so many becoming infected and it spreading so
very rapidly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Fred brought next idea :
The vaccine does not stop the spread,

That isnt known yet.

Not for certain, but there have been several suggestions that it doesn't.

Not supported by hard phase 3 trial data tho.

And that will be known soon now that lots are being vaccinated
in areas where the virus is rampant like the UK and USA,

Once most have had the vaccine, only those who have refused it will
suffer.

Not those who avoid getting infected and that isnt hard to do.

Obviously it is, with so many becoming infected and it spreading so very
rapidly.

They just choose not to do what is trivial to avoid getting infected.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

Yes, Happy Christmas to all in this group. Maybe after Christmas Dinner
you might be able to sneak into the workshop...

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 24 December 2020 at 15:31:27 UTC, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

--
Adam

A merry Christmas to you too Adam and a heartfelt thank you to you for all of your advice and help over the last year.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank all who have contributed to my queries over the last year your advice has proved invaluable. Finally, like Adam the kitchen sink was completed at 18:00 on Christmas Eve, so Christmas dinner is saved (see Urgent pluming problem thread).

Merry Christmas and hopefully a better new year

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 19:49:25 +0000, Andrew wrote:

On 24/12/2020 19:35, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Fred submitted this idea :
That's never going to happen.

I have little sympathy with those who refuse to have it, then suffer
the consequences.

But some cant be vaccinated for medical reasons.

All it needs, is enough vaccinated.

So why are they starting with the ones who should be last
in thr queue ?. Its the 11 to 40 yo's who are spreading it
so vaccinate them before anyone else.

Vaccinating 80+ in care and nursing homes is a waste as they're going to die
quite soon. Should be all those in any form of clinical role and the
emergency services, all pupils and teachers at all levels and families with
children, jobs etc.
The sick/subnormal/wrinklies (retired) last (I'm in the last category
there).
The family next door, for instance, has far more value the society and the
country than all the denizens of all the various homes and hospices put
together, with two young, bright children and jobs that are important.
Oh, politicians should be last, just to give us some hope of a good outcome.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 24/12/2020 19:44, Andrew wrote:
On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

except the bloke who put a nail in coke bottle top
under your tyre !

He came back last night and slashed it.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 15:31, ARW wrote:
Happy Christmas to everyone.

except the bloke who put a nail in coke bottle top
under your tyre !

He came back last night and slashed it.

Which apprentice was it out of all your apprentices that got one of your
christmas wrapped written warnings?

:-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PeterC" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 19:49:25 +0000, Andrew wrote:

On 24/12/2020 19:35, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Fred submitted this idea :
That's never going to happen.

I have little sympathy with those who refuse to have it, then suffer
the consequences.

But some cant be vaccinated for medical reasons.

All it needs, is enough vaccinated.

So why are they starting with the ones who should be last
in thr queue ?. Its the 11 to 40 yo's who are spreading it
so vaccinate them before anyone else.

Vaccinating 80+ in care and nursing homes
is a waste as they're going to die quite soon.

That's bull**** and it's a very unpleasant way to
die and involves lots of medical resources as well.

Should be all those in any form of clinical role and
the emergency services, all pupils and teachers
at all levels and families with children, jobs etc.

That's wrong too until the vaccination is known to prevent infection.

The sick/subnormal/wrinklies (retired) last

That's mad too given that we do know that the
current vaccines do prevent severe disease if you get infected.

(I'm in the last category there).

Irrelevant.

The family next door, for instance, has far more value the society and the
country than all the denizens of all the various homes and hospices put
together, with two young, bright children and jobs that are important.

Stupid consideration until its known
that the vaccine prevents infection
and there is a shortage of vaccine.

Oh, politicians should be last, just to