Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Jupiter, Saturn, Appulse, Conjunction, Occultation

Having been corrected by A.N.Other better informed than I,
I googled and found this ...

https://in-the-sky.org/news.php?id=20201221_15_100

HTH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 21:37:28 +0000, gareth evans wrote:

Having been corrected by A.N.Other better informed than I,
I googled and found this ...

https://in-the-sky.org/news.php?id=20201221_15_100

HTH

You forgot to include 'DIY' in the subject line, Gareth.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gareth evans" wrote in message
Having been corrected by A.N.Other better informed than I,
I googled and found this ...

https://in-the-sky.org/news.php?id=20201221_15_100

At about 16:30 today, just before sunset, my wife and I drove up onto the
ridge behind our house, from which we would have a clear view of the horizon
to the south west where Stellarium said the Saturn/Jupiter conjunction would
be. Sadly there were too many clouds on the horizon and the sky was still
too bright to distinguish the "bright star", and by the time the sky got
dark enough to see it through the clouds (perhaps!) it would have
disappeared below the horizon. And tomorrow night, when the conjunction is
apparently at its best, there's rain forecast which means more clouds...

How long after 21 Dec will the conjunction be visible (even if past its
best) if we get a clear night?

DIY Astronomy for Jupiter and Saturn? gareth evans UK diy 13 December 21st 20 09:00 PM
What do they call Earthworms on Mars, Venus, Jupiter, or Uranus? [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 11th 15 04:20 PM
Everyone surprisingly experience upon Ramez when the active conventions must in conjunction with the regulatory van. [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 10th 07 01:41 AM
Daxima Saturn Tap hmburg52 UK diy 1 May 21st 07 10:48 AM
Repair Jap Sega Saturn PSU? Andrew McCall Electronics Repair 4 April 27th 05 08:57 PM