Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Jupiter, Saturn, Appulse, Conjunction, Occultation

"gareth evans" wrote in message
Having been corrected by A.N.Other better informed than I,
I googled and found this ...

https://in-the-sky.org/news.php?id=20201221_15_100

At about 16:30 today, just before sunset, my wife and I drove up onto the
ridge behind our house, from which we would have a clear view of the horizon
to the south west where Stellarium said the Saturn/Jupiter conjunction would
be. Sadly there were too many clouds on the horizon and the sky was still
too bright to distinguish the "bright star", and by the time the sky got
dark enough to see it through the clouds (perhaps!) it would have
disappeared below the horizon. And tomorrow night, when the conjunction is
apparently at its best, there's rain forecast which means more clouds...

How long after 21 Dec will the conjunction be visible (even if past its
best) if we get a clear night?