Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plumbing DIY SOS kit

I Don't Do plumbing.

The main reason I don't is I'm not confident in being able to get myself out
of trouble if I start a job and then find I don't have the ability to make
it safe again afterwards, without causing a flood.

This is probably something I should improve upon. One thing that would be
useful is to have sufficient tools and parts on hand so that I can handle
emergency and basic jobs without having to leave someone with their finger
in the dyke as I run out mid-job to grab parts.

So what should I be looking to have in my basic toolkit to handle such
things? I'm thinking of things like:

Pipe freezer kit
PTFE tape
Plumbing wrench
Silicone sealant
Some kind of pipe leak sealant
Isolation valves

but what else would the panel recommend?

Thanks
Theo

Diy sos - the big build Thumper[_2_] UK diy 34 April 1st 13 10:49 PM
DIY SOS The Medway Handyman UK diy 7 May 4th 06 10:05 AM
Plumbing/Boiler SOS Gaffar UK diy 9 September 20th 05 04:15 PM
DIY SOS Chris J Dixon UK diy 0 March 17th 05 10:07 PM
DIY SOS Last Night - Lime and Sand plaster? Saeed UK diy 6 July 4th 04 04:50 PM