Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Skip diving

I always have a look in any skips I'm passing, and I noticed that a
neighbour has thrown out a Trend Combi 1001 worktop jig. It looks in
perfect condition, but it's missing all the accessories that come with
it, ie it's just the flat wooden bit. Is this any use without the other
bits?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

I always have a look in any skips I'm passing, and I noticed that a
neighbour has thrown out a Trend Combi 1001 worktop jig. It looks in
perfect condition, but it's missing all the accessories that come with
it, ie it's just the flat wooden bit. Is this any use without the other
bits?

I have the Topform jig instead of the Trend, I'd imagine you could make
replacement "pegs" either by turning down a section of 1" delrin rod if
you have access to a lathe or maybe even drilling and glueing a section
of 3/8" dowel inside a length of 1" dowel ... adjust diameters to suit
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 15/11/2020 15:50, Andy Burns wrote:
GB wrote:

I always have a look in any skips I'm passing, and I noticed that a
neighbour has thrown out a Trend Combi 1001 worktop jig. It looks in
perfect condition, but it's missing all the accessories that come with
it, ie it's just the flat wooden bit. Is this any use without the
other bits?

I have the Topform jig instead of the Trend, I'd imagine you could make
replacement "pegs" either by turning down a section of 1" delrin rod if
you have access to a lathe or maybe even drilling and glueing a section
of 3/8" dowel inside a length of 1" dowel ... adjust diameters to suit

Well, having 'rescued' the thing from the skip, I can see what's wrong
with it. There are a few deep nicks out of it, and I assume those get
transferred to whatever you're cutting. I wonder whether it's worth
filling those?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

having 'rescued' the thing from the skip, I can see what's wrong with
it. There are a few deep nicks out of it, and I assume those get
transferred to whatever you're cutting. I wonderÂ* whether it's worth
filling those?

bodyfiller would be worth a go, if it's made from tufnol or similar