Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler controls/efficiency

It is that time of year...

I was a bit taken by surprise when someone recently suggested that
condensing boilers work best at 65 deg. C. My thought was that it does
not leave much room for DHW at 60deg. to avoid bacteria.

My flow and return piping is insulated so there should not be much loss
tank coil to boiler.

The other question I have related to weather compensation. My system
boiler has provision (not fitted) for this but no other arrangement for
reducing the set temperature when running the underfloor heating. The
manifolds have local thermal control valves but it seems daft running
the boiler at 65 when 55 would be ample.

Could I fit a suitable fixed resistor in place of the Weather
compensation detector (assumed to be a thermistor of some sort)?

This weekend is *move the by-pass valve* event!

--
Tim Lamb

Heating / hot water controls controls... [email protected] UK diy 0 October 25th 17 12:18 PM
Boiler Controls - CH/DHW BeavistheCat UK diy 6 March 30th 06 10:17 AM
boiler controls Cuprager UK diy 17 March 7th 05 10:52 PM
Hot Water Boiler Temperature Controls [email protected] Home Ownership 1 December 26th 04 09:54 PM
Boiler controls Dave UK diy 4 December 9th 04 09:10 AM