Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ?Q?Lidl=2c_80_alligator_clips_for_=c2=a33=2e99=3f ?=

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ld-sets/p35978

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see
that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Lidl=2c_80_alligator_clips_for_=c2=a33=2 e99=3f?=

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

what possible use would someone 'household' have for buying 80 of them?

some sort of fetish use?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Lidl,_80_alligator_clips_for_=A33.99=3F?=

Adrian Caspersz pretended :
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ld-sets/p35978

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

If I get there, I will buy a box for my workshop. I'm always wrecking
them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 October 2020 19:46:08 UTC+1, JimK wrote:
There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see
that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

Aka nipple clamps....

The springs don't look strong enough.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl, 80 alligator clips for 3.99?

Well maybe its for extreme bdsm fans?
Seriously though, this sort of thing used to be sold by Tandy, and they
also did goody bags of assorted semiconductors cheap as well. You never knew
what you might find. Those were the days.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ld-sets/p35978

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see
that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Maybe its for the use of the bdsm fans?
Actually being serious, you used to be able to buy these mixed bags from
the old Tandy stores you know. You could also find assorted semiconductors
in a bag as well.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ld-sets/p35978

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see
that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 19:16:27 +0100, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ld-sets/p35978

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

Mini clamps for craft or modeling, a step down from using clothes
pegs?

There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see
that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

And they aren't the sort you would use on a logic analyzer where you
might need a few clips. ;-)

I'm looking for some medium sized insulated (with the soft rubber
boot) alligator clips, the sort that would be big enough to clip onto
a square type lead acid battery post (not the round type particularly)
as they don't snag as much as conventional crock clips when trying to
pull one out of a bag or box.

Years ago I made up some 'motorcycle jump leads' using a 2m length of
*very* heavy duty multi-stranded speaker cable and I'd like to put
some slightly bigger clips on it.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lidl,_80_alligator_clips_for_=A33.99=3F?=

Adrian Caspersz Wrote in message:
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ld-sets/p35978

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see
that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

Aka nipple clamps....
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz Wrote in message:
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ld-sets/p35978

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see
that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

--
Adrian C

A previous Lidl offer of those Scotch-Lockalike connectors had to
be curtailed, because the packaging strongly implied they were
suitable for mains use.

On your wider point I've seen equestrian tack being sold in our
local store and it's miles away from the nearest
horse....
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Aug 2018
https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.or...ecalls/2018/08
/lidl-powerfix-profi-quick-wiring-kit/
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If you mean riding crops, I'm sure many have other uses fro them during
lockdown.
However, the reason seemingly random things end up on shelves are due to
mis ordering, or salvage from a defunct product line no longer sold. Tandy
used to do this, there called it a where is, as is sale and said in the
small print that no warranty or guarantee of safety was expressed or
implied,the items were sold as is for use by those who could use them, or
words similar to that. Having said that I got a pretty good bench power
supply of variable voltage from them. The faults were. The internal fuse was
duff, the adjust knob did not quite align with the front panel markings and
the front of the meter kept falling off. However I had to drill out he
rivets to get to the innards to see why the fuse had gone. Simple dodgy
soldering of a stranded cable shorted the live to earth, The off centre
dial was due to bad assembly of the main circuit board, and the meter was
due to dried out double sided tape.
I replaced the rivets with self tapping screws. That psu lasted me many
many years of total abuse and as far as I know when I lost too much sight to
use it any more, the new owner is still using it.

"Graham." wrote in message
Adrian Caspersz Wrote in message:
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ld-sets/p35978

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see
that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

--
Adrian C

A previous Lidl offer of those Scotch-Lockalike connectors had to
be curtailed, because the packaging strongly implied they were
suitable for mains use.

On your wider point I've seen equestrian tack being sold in our
local store and it's miles away from the nearest
horse....
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/10/2020 19:24, Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

what possible use would someone 'household' have for buying 80 of them?

some sort of fetish use?

You'd only need a couple, unless you were having a party.

I'm going into today. I might get a box.

Brian

--
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 October 2020 19:16:33 UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

In other surprising items from unexpected suppliers,

https://store.approvedfood.co.uk/gif...5-p?pid=385955

Mmm, the ideal gift.

They also have 50-packs of Valentine's cards for anyone who thinks they might get lucky with 80 alligator clips

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 19 October 2020 11:43:47 UTC+1, I wrote:
In other surprising items from unexpected suppliers,
https://store.approvedfood.co.uk/gif...5-p?pid=385955

Just also seen

https://store.approvedfood.co.uk/gif...9-p?pid=385949

Unbranded Transistor Assortment Kit
Convenient for DIY and electrical appliances These transistors are packaged in the order of the paper marked easy to find what you need The nice sturdy box helps you keep all caps in order.

From the photo I guess it's 100 transistors for £5.99

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 October 2020 at 21:22:13 UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Maybe its for the use of the bdsm fans?

I prefer crocodile clips.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

what possible use would someone 'household' have for buying 80 of them?

some sort of fetish use?

You'd only need a couple, unless you were having a party.

I'm going into today. I might get a box.

Brian

I'm now the proud owner of 80 alligator clips. Let the fun commence.

Brian

--
Brian